my 68 Starcraft Holiday project

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimbC

Chief Petty Officer
Re: my 68 Starcraft Holiday project

ERRRRRRRRRRRRR!:( Sorry to hear that Kev. Sounds just like something that would happen to me. That's just the kinda luck I have. Oh well I am sure CL will have plenty of what you need. Just be patient. There are plenty of them out there.

Rickairmedic

Commander

Kev thats a bummer on the Lower but I know you will prevail and beat it into shape it6 may take a little longer than you had planned but I know you have it in you to get her back on the water :D.

Rick

5speedhemi

Petty Officer 1st Class

I'm sorry to hear about your misfortune... I am admiring your resto work though. Very nice!

5speed

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

Well..Just when you guys were about to write the ol B-Ticket off as never seeing water again, to you naysayers I have to give you this update.

Found this on CL...a 16 ft Cobalt glasser that has a partially disassembled 120motor, but a good OD. He wants 100 bux for the whole boat, as he got this just for the trailer. Rather than slide my boat off..drag this boat home and then having to sell or landfill the glass hull..I am giving him 75 bucks for the whole outdrive, upper and lower..I'll take it off..bring it home..put my new impeller (that started this whole mess) into this one and get back on the water..

75dollarODboat.jpg

75dollarOD.jpg

JimbC

Chief Petty Officer

See! I told ya bud. Way to go kev. Now PLEASE be careful what you sit it on. Take the whole motor Kev if ya can you never know.
:D:D:eek:

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

See! I told ya bud. Way to go kev. Now PLEASE be careful what you sit on on. Take the whole motor Kev if ya can you never know.
:D:D:eek:

lol..I'll be carefull..I'll make sure I dont drop this one!
I will see what else I can get outta the deal..;)

Huron Angler

Admiral

Kev...congrats on the nice score...thanks for sharing the good news:D

Also have to mention that if we could get it there somehow that 'glass rig would please the tinstock deities if turned to ash;)

wrfalpacas

Chief Petty Officer

Nice Score Kev! Thats a good price, I agree, get the cylinders, and if you can the trim pump assy, that alone you could sell on fleabay for $100

HopeSheFloats

Lieutenant Commander

Yes, congrats Kev, won't say I'm sorry I missed the bad news , but sure glad to hear things are better!

Rickairmedic

Commander

Thats Awesome Kev I knew Glass boats were good for something ;).

Rick

tallcanadian

Captain

Good deal, but I think I may have grabbed that boat too. Might make a good 'next' project. Of course you V hulled Starcraft boys might not be able to control a tri hull in rough water. Kidding...just kidding. LOL. I should post a picture of my loose fillings.

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

Good deal, but I think I may have grabbed that boat too. Might make a good 'next' project. Of course you V hulled Starcraft boys might not be able to control a tri hull in rough water. Kidding...just kidding. LOL. I should post a picture of my loose fillings.

Oh no TC...Those pics and what I saw are TWO different vessels!
Besides..No trailer...The motor was in pretty much a shambles..the head was off and laying on the deck..(sponge would be more correct) and must of had 1/4 inch of accumalated rust on it and in it...

It would be a blasphemis thing to put a good running 120 merc I/O into that poor lil boat...But I bet she SCOOTED many years ago @ 16 ft and the 120hp in her..Broke my heart..but not my wallet (this time)

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

Got the OD for 75 bucks..has one of those dol-fin tail things thats goin in the trash can..(It's busted up on one side anyway)

I'll be posting pics and swapping OD's this weekend..With a bit of luck I will be on the water Sunday...

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

I'll be pulling for you. I hope to not see a single thread from you in the I/O forum :p

nlain

Commander

Hey Kevin, get some Marine Tex to fill the holes left from the fin mounting in the drive plates.

Oh and be careful with this one and DON'T drop it. :D:D

sprintst

Commander

Can't wait to see you back on the water.

Looking forward to enjoying my boat someday to make it all worthwhile.

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

First stumbling block..

The allen bolt that holds the trim anode on is rounded like crazy...
May have to go get a bigger sized allen and jam it in there..
Nothing is ever smooth..lol

nlain

Commander

Check metric sizes, get the one that is above the American size, which is 3/8, I think, should fit.

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

Check metric sizes, get the one that is above the American size, which is 3/8, I think, should fit.

Went and got metric allens..That FREAKIN bolt is round to the point of nothing grabbing it, so frustrated with little things...May get the hacksaw and cut the stupid shroud so I can get to it..

One bolt should NOT give me this much grief!

Status
Not open for further replies.