my 68 Starcraft Holiday project

Status
Not open for further replies.

tev2229

Seaman
Re: my 68 Starcraft Holiday project

Rick I have this strange disease called Craigslistitis :eek: so I may just end up buying a galvanized trailer in the future! I do check Craigslist daily for some reason, I can't control it! Anyway, I suppose it's important to get the trailer functioning, then work on the boat?

I'm glad I came across this thread, it looks like I'll have to do all of the interior work that Kev has done, maybe a little more. I hope it comes out half as nice.

Rickairmedic

Commander

LOL Tev you are now a boater Cl itis is mandatory :D. I check Cl more often than I do my email :D. I havent started on my interior on mine yet other than buying parts for it :D. Kev should be splashin his SOON right Kev :D.

Rick

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

Well..
I leave for Chicago tomorrow and will work through Saturday.I get home @ midnight Saturday..
I HOPE to put her in the water Sunday, but.....We will see..
To catch up a few things..

I think I have my throttle and shifting "good enough"..May get somebody over here to help get them dialed in..But she shifts and has plenty of throttle to move on the water..

Also..I said that North Beach's emblems would be the last thing to go on the boat, but couldn't help myself, I had to get them on..:D

I sprayed them with Ezmobees Rustoleum metallic blue that I attempted to spray my topside with, then scrapped the idea..

PIC-0398.jpg

And as you all know, my boat is named the "B-Ticket" after the old Disney boat rides..It took a "B" ticket out of the old school ticket books.
Diane deals with a local sign guy and surprised me with this mock up for approval...Think I may change the background to blue & the lettering to ?? gold, not sure..She also had a great idea to put the hull ID number where the "A 0355..ticket number is..Cool!

bticket.jpg

coolbikeguy

Chief Petty Officer

the B ticket thing is very cool kev. and using the hull # as the # on the ticket is cool aswell. diane did good huh ??

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

yep..she done good..Now she will tell everybody how she helped all along..lol

Huron Angler

Admiral

Sounds good...love the name and the sign...where's it going on the stern? You I/O guys save room for stuff like that don't ya? LOL

Good work...I agree throttle is working enough to get her wet on sunday:)

(don't forget to have someone shoot some video footage...starcraft club rules)

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

Thanks H.A.

Yep..Hopefully I wont be soo burned out (could that be even possible) to put her in the river Sunday..

And yep..Thinking about the upper right hand area of the Starboard transom.
The actual sticker is 25x12..I hafta measure to see how BIG that actually is:D

Rickairmedic

Commander

Kev the B ticket is perfect ( dang I.m gettin old ) I had forgotten those its been so long since they used them :D. The throttle looks to be workin better as well still not WOT but good enough for sea trials :D.

Rick

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

well..she got splashed today...heres some eye candy..

Launched on the Caloossahatche River, nice quiet ramp 30 minutes from my house..Some vids are while in the "No Wake" area, but did open her up and showed 31mph on the GPS..Still have a LOT of work to do...
She started to get warm, so I shut her down..let her cool and took it easy back to the dock..

This is what I get for not going through everything..I didn't change the lower impeller, was going to but really had to get her on the water!

The classic fuelin up pic..

atgasstation.jpg

my%2068%20starcraft
[/URL]

thrillhouse700

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Kev, Im glad you got her in the water, man that must have felt like such a great accomplishment. I can't wait to join you!

Rickairmedic

Commander

Kev fantastic seeing her runnin down the River and hearin the Boss carrying on in the background . I know you will be itching now to get her back in the water and I bet the Boss doesnt forget her fishin gear next time :D.

Rick

JimbC

Chief Petty Officer

YEAAAAAAAAA ! KEV IS KING OF THE WORLDDDDDDDD :D J/k Hey buud congrats on the nice looking ride you and the SWMBO took.:eek: I bet you both had to clean the bugs out of your teeth when y'all got done.:D Looks good I am jealous.:p

nlain

Commander

Way to go, looks good and sounds good, now to work out the details.

wvmedic

Chief Petty Officer

Alright man, sounds grate. I'm glad you got it on the water.

Jeff

Andy in NY

Commander

congrats kev!!!

i cant believe you splashed and didnt call or text me to tell me!!

Rickairmedic

Commander

Andy that would prolly be MY BADD :D . I didnt call you to tell you EZ got an SS and brought it home today and got it running either :D. Ya gotta come to chat more often ;).

Rick

Huron Angler

Admiral

Glad to see that thing floating Kev...congrats on the big splash and can't wait to see more "B-Ticket" :D

BTW how deep is that river?

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

Kev, Im glad you got her in the water, man that must have felt like such a great accomplishment. I can't wait to join you!

Thanks Thrillhouse..You'll get there..it was like getting my first bike as a kid..lol

Kev fantastic seeing her runnin down the River and hearin the Boss carrying on in the background . I know you will be itching now to get her back in the water and I bet the Boss doesnt forget her fishin gear next time :D.

Rick

lol..ya thanks bud...She is a chatter box..

YEAAAAAAAAA ! KEV IS KING OF THE WORLDDDDDDDD :D J/k Hey buud congrats on the nice looking ride you and the SWMBO took.:eek: I bet you both had to clean the bugs out of your teeth when y'all got done.:D Looks good I am jealous.:p

Yes I am Jim..lol..amazingly almost NO bugs last night...

Way to go, looks good and sounds good, now to work out the details.

Thanks Nlain...big thanks to you for talkin with me and your help..All you guys!..Now that dang impeller!

Alright man, sounds grate. I'm glad you got it on the water.

Jeff

Thanks Jeff..I was nervous..but had a great time

congrats kev!!!

i cant believe you splashed and didnt call or text me to tell me!!

Sorry about that Andy..It was close to not getting on the water..I came back from Chicago Sat night and got to sleep around 4 or 5 am Sunday..
Then had to put in the blower and the bilge pump..(Which btw she didnt take in even a cup of water.) It was a bit of a rush to make it happen..Otherwise work is taking me outta town next weekend

Glad to see that thing floating Kev...congrats on the big splash and can't wait to see more "B-Ticket" :D

BTW how deep is that river?

Thanks HA..
In that area..I'd say shes at least 12 feet..there are lots of houses with docks and I saw a few really large boats moored..
I should have taken pics of the ramp, sleepy quite little one lane ramp in the middle of a neighborhood..I think I am moving now! lol

Status
Not open for further replies.