Funny "TLC needed" boat ads on Craigslist.

roffey

Commander
its not as bad as you guys think. I mean he was going to put a 350 into it, that makes a difference.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Don't forget the trailer that must be worth the asking price alone - It is a "FLOATE ON TRAILER" after all. It's in the weeds under the tubes.

muskyfins

Chief Petty Officer
Boy, Craigslist is a very interesting study, am I right?

So the one guy is selling a heaping pile of junk for $2500.

Then there's this guy....

https://saginaw.craigslist.org/boa/5969595835.html

Who wants at least a 17' boat, no issues, no problems, ready to roll, and he'll pay UP TO $1000 for it.

Yes, very interesting....

So.....a 17' canoe?

Technically meets all his requirements.

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner
It's no wonder that guys will come here to the forums for help trying to figure out the values of boats. We are sometimes worlds apart when it comes to putting a price tag on some of this stuff eh:facepalm:

crazyinkc

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Here is another "bargain" trailer. I think they added a 0 or forgot to add the boat to the deal Only asking $800

craigslist.org/bpo/5982290783.html

00Y0Y_cZYm72u7oZC_1200x900.jpg

This trailer "housed" my 16' aluminum bass boat (older tracker style) for about 25 years. We bought a new trailer for the boat. We then found out we could replace the bearings and hub assembly pretty inexpensively. The trailer had some work done about 15 years ago by a creative welder friend and I loved the work he did, this is why it does not look like most tracker style boat trailers.
-New lighting throughout
-New hubs and bearings
-Transom saver is mounted to the back
Price is somewhat negotiable but don't low ball me; I will talk trade but its got to be something nice that I can use.
Clean title!!

Pusher

Lieutenant
Sooo.... New hubs and bearigs, but he couldn't replace the carpet on the bunks? I am doubtful.

muskyfins

Chief Petty Officer
A rattle can of gray or white paint would go a long way.

But then he'd probably want $1000

Old Ironmaker

Captain
I have a buddy that would be asking 1200 for that trailer. He salvages old boats, digs a hole in his farm buries the boats and sells the trailers. He still has about 12 of those old trailers for sale, some come with wheels. I should say "tries" to sell the trailers.

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
I have a buddy that would be asking 1200 for that trailer. He salvages old boats, digs a hole in his farm buries the boats and sells the trailers. He still has about 12 of those old trailers for sale, some come with wheels. I should say "tries" to sell the trailers.

Oh boy :der:

tomhath

Master Chief Petty Officer
We bought a new trailer for the boat. We then found out we could replace the bearings and hub assembly pretty inexpensively.

He bought a new trailer because the old one needed new wheel bearings? Sure.