Funny "TLC needed" boat ads on Craigslist.

roffey

Commander
He's owned it for 3 months?

I'm missing your point. Boat has 60 hours, that's 20 per month or 2.5 hrs a day on the weekend. I suspect a high end boat like that would get used a lot? Not sure on the price as that one is above my pay grade, LOL.

Last edited:

spoilsofwar

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Probably was wondering why buy one and sell it three months later. The depreciation would be killer. But plenty of people have money enough to not care... He got told about the next cooler boat, and decided he had to have it. Who knows.

You couldn't give it to me; well you could but I'd turn around and sell it for its worth... All I see is a vinyl upkeep nightmare. My next boat is gonna have as little vinyl as possible.

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Okay here we go for an unsinkable boat;
00w0w_b0KwVQ2n7zp_600x450.jpg

And only $400 dollars too. :facepalm:

http://macon.craigslist.org/boa/5725258571.html

I knew if I keep watching CL I would eventually find a great boat. :eek:

redfury

Commander
perfect for calm water fishing...lol, so would a 4 " thick panel of foam...good lord, I wouldn't trust that unless there were two of them with a platform on top catamaran style...

dwco5051

Commander
I believe the "unsinkable" part but I had to notice the woard "upright" was not in the description.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
Probably was wondering why buy one and sell it three months later. The depreciation would be killer. But plenty of people have money enough to not care... He got told about the next cooler boat, and decided he had to have it. Who knows.

You couldn't give it to me; well you could but I'd turn around and sell it for its worth... All I see is a vinyl upkeep nightmare. My next boat is gonna have as little vinyl as possible.

And holds 19 people, easily..

gm280

Supreme Mariner
so do the mini vans with no windows, that cross the mexican border at night.........

bob

Oh Bob you know that isn't true. Those vans can hold a lot more the 19. I've watched border wars before. :facepalm:

spoilsofwar

Lieutenant Junior Grade
As I learned when I joined the Army, being crammed in the back of 5 tons and LMTVs; there is always room for one more.

redfury

Commander
yeah, I drove my VW Bug way over capacity...could barely shift it...we piled in and out of it like a clown car...lol

roffey

Commander
The first time this boat was listed it was called the "Jolly Roger"
After a year to age, it's now vintage and ready to go ... except the windows ... and the motor ... and ....

https://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/boa/5708235955.html

I like that foam boat. Classsyyyyy!!

sorry,, fell asleep half way through the ad...something about a boat.. not sure if he's selling it or just writing a short novel about it

72fj40

Petty Officer 2nd Class
If I needed or wanted 1, I'd certainly would look at it, and I'd show up ready to get it out of there. If its still there. Are they expensive?

Last edited:

roffey

Commander
a boat lift for free, how can you go wrong. I paid $2500 for mine, used.....

Grub54891

Vice Admiral
If it wasn't in Seattle, it would be at my dock already. Even if it's broken in some way, it can be fixed.....