hull extension in progress with pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcsercsa

Captain
Re: hull extension in progress with picks

PS , today is friday , good luck with the gelcoat today !!! you shouldnt have all the sanding todo after this spray !! John

WizeOne

Commander

.... im on 53....

Is that how old you are feelin oops?

....and as far as the stripper pole noklu...:D......i gotta get a retractable one cause it will get in the way or ms. oops fishing rod. :eek:

Maybe you could make it a combination SP and Rod holder?;) Then she'd be none the wiser.

Driven1

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Things are looking up Oops! Can't wait to see the final result of this go with the gelcoat. When you have the stripper pole installed, please provide a pic with a stripper attached to it. :D

And just to keep the drama portion of the thread going, what happened with your gelcoat "help?"

ondarvr

Supreme Mariner

Tell them to use the patchaid this time, it will make a huge difference in how well the gel coat levels. If like before he doesn't feel comfortable with it, have him mix a small batch without catalyst and spray it on a smooth surface to get the feel of it.

Actually you probably won't see this before you spray since you're headed to Vancouver first. I'll just call ya.

NoKlu

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Maybe you could make it a combination SP and Rod holder?;) Then she'd be none the wiser.
If she had to take her top off every time she got out the fishin pole,she might get suspicious.:cool:

oops!

Supreme Mariner

Tell them to use the patchaid this time, it will make a huge difference in how well the gel coat levels. If like before he doesn't feel comfortable with it, have him mix a small batch without catalyst and spray it on a smooth surface to get the feel of it.

Actually you probably won't see this before you spray since you're headed to Vancouver first. I'll just call ya.

i told him 5 times to use it......and he didnt ! :mad: :mad:

i was so tired when i left i forgot my cell........

ya know.....if the stars were in line...and times and dates happened perfectly......i cant help think how it would have turned out if you shot it

oops!

Supreme Mariner

as far as the stripper pole.......shed better use it !:eek: :D......

pics if she allows !.....she wants me to post some of her on here........but i dont want to tread on the grey areas of the forum..........td will introduce me to tasha ! :eek: :eek:

oops!

Supreme Mariner

ok guys........sorry no pics...my camera was at home and i couldnt run grab it.......

im EXACTALLY WHERE I WAS TWO WEEKS AGO !

but i must say......greg....AKA "he".....spent a lot of time on the boat with me this past week......and good to his word.....he helped fair it and gellcoated it....we worked like dogz.....drank beer and worked some more.

"she".....never showed up......at all.

but the boat is now shot.......a little less orange peel....no runs or sags....and a straight hull........there is some problematic areas......but when it was wet.....i looked down the side and saw straight reflections.....just a few minor wobbles........now.....ive got to knock the peel down with 400 grit.....(what shuold have been done) and start shining it.

ill get pics tommorow......

and iffen ya;ll were here....... id be buyin at rosies pub :)

cheers
oops

oops!

Supreme Mariner

Is that how old you are feelin oops?

wize........ i dont mind telling you............im really worn out :eek:

my hands are blistered raw.....im sooooooo tired......my arms are so sore i couldnt hardly lift a king matress today when i was loading in vancouver.
(i can uasually toss around the heavy ones pretty good)

its 130 in the morning.......i was awake at 3 am this morning to go to van.......but my bud john and i were chatting :D.....so i guess i deserve it.......im gonna take the rest of the weekend off after tommorow night working on the boat.........and sleeeeeeep !

enough whining.......im gonna find mrs oops and show her the new tower/sp :D :D :D

oops!

Supreme Mariner

i couldnt resist.......

i just went to look at the boat with "less tired eyes"

it looks better than it did last night....

very little orange peel.....i hit the corner with 400 grit for 15 seconds on a sanding block......and was able to get most of the peel down.

the hull is straight with very few minor wobbles.....there is one or two areas that you can see where they used there fingers to sand a small spot....

its not as perfect as coming out of a new mold........but its as good as coming out of an old one.......there is no repair areas that i can see just more sanding and then a good polishing.......

ill get pics soon

cheers
oops

ne7800

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Can't wait to see the pics oops, more than that i cant wait to see the pics of it out cruising on the water (with the stripper pole there are other sites you could post them pics at lmao)

oops!

Supreme Mariner

only worked an hour on it last night before mrs oops drug me home by the ear......started on the transom with 220 on a foam block......im hand sanding to knock the peel off.......

i think toucan is done the elec.....that means polish the hull bottom.....flip the hull.....glass in the motor mounts and gastank suport....(mine is up front in the bow on a support abovw the deck level) take it to the mechs.....cut the transom hole.....and install the old motor.

ondarvr......when are you scheduled for your next trip.......id love to have you see this and get your feed back......if its a few weeks....id sure love ya to join me on the first water test.

oops!

Supreme Mariner

i just talked to toucan.......the cap is allmost done....and he wants it out by wed or thurs..(hes moving by tackelwasher)..sat at the latest......so from here on in....things are gonna go fast

ondarvr

Supreme Mariner

It may be a couple of weeks, I need to spend some time in Idaho, should be in Idaho this week and part of next week. I'll make a trip up there as soon as I can though.

How much more resin do you think you'll need?

Robj

Lieutenant

Glad things are working out for you!! Hope you took the weekend off. I am away in Montreal for 2 weeks and have not spent any time on the puter, kind of lost touch and needed my fix on how your boat was coming along. I will be up Kelowna in 2 weeks and will bring my coveralls and whatever tools are required.

After reading the last few posts, isn't 220 too coarse? I would use 400 wet to start and see how that goes. Hate to see you sand through your new gel coat. Put a little dish soap in the water.

Have a great day,

Rob.

oops!

Supreme Mariner

:eek::D
Glad things are working out for you!! Hope you took the weekend off. I am away in Montreal for 2 weeks and have not spent any time on the puter, kind of lost touch and needed my fix on how your boat was coming along. I will be up Kelowna in 2 weeks and will bring my coveralls and whatever tools are required.

After reading the last few posts, isn't 220 too coarse? I would use 400 wet to start and see how that goes. Hate to see you sand through your new gel coat. Put a little dish soap in the water.

Have a great day,

Rob.

its knocking the orange down good....but i havent tryed the soap.... i will.

2 weeks looks good rob....you might be just in time !
hows the city?........have you laughed at mount royal yet?....its a moll hill from our standards :eek::D

but i must admit....the food in the walled city is great......i would buy mrs j some clothes there....as the fashons are very different from the west coast as youve seen by now........thats big brownie points ! :D

hope to see you back soon rob.....

cheers
oops

oops!

Supreme Mariner

by the way....."he"....was our buddie that you met when you were up here.....
and "she" was his gf........

you saw what happend to that twin transom..........

oops!

Supreme Mariner

It may be a couple of weeks, I need to spend some time in Idaho, should be in Idaho this week and part of next week. I'll make a trip up there as soon as I can though.

How much more resin do you think you'll need?

sorry ....i missed this post......

a couple of weeks might be perfect as dirk my mechanic is going to be busy doing winterizing.....
as far as the resin .....im not sure because of the toys im going to put in....i think another 5 gals on unwaxed will cut it......

do you supply any stuff for the oil patch? ......if not....i may have made a connection for you......

oops!

Supreme Mariner

jody your pm box is full.

Robj

Lieutenant

by the way....."he"....was our buddie that you met when you were up here.....
and "she" was his gf........

you saw what happend to that twin transom..........

I figured that one out a while ago. Oh well, hopefully it works out better for you than that transom did. Live and learn. Will call you when I get home and will allocate some time to boat work.

Have a great day,

Rob.

Status
Not open for further replies.