1965 Chris Craft

et82477

Recruit
I'm looking at buying a 1965 chris craft with a ford 289 motor and a eaton outdrive. I was just wondering how hard it is to find eaton outdrive parts if i need them or what a replacement outdrive that would fit that motor would be.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner
Re: 1965 Chris Craft

Apparently, Eatons were the forrunner of Dana. I think you are taking on a project that belongs in historical restoration catagory, not a user catagory. My advice is to look elsewhere unless the CC can be easily converted to a more conventional drive setup.

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

there are numerous chris craft, clubs and forums that deal with CC restorations. google chris craft. they are fantastic boats. not overly fast compared to todays boat. but always an eye catcher.

Bondo

Staff member

Ayuh,.........

My Houseboat has a Pair of those Drives........

They're built like a Tank,+ Every part is available from Marysville Marine up in Michigan......

Bondo

Staff member

I Think I got it Fixed..........

Bondo

Staff member

Ayuh,........ And Heavy.............

but, with 8qts. of Oil,+ gears that look like they'd carry a D-9,...........

I guess ya gotta figure it might be alittle Soggy to lift............

Tail_Gunner

Admiral

Too bad they are so ugly!:p

Ummm now speaking of ugly........Diaper Racing Gold?????

HolleyRefurb.jpg

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Ummm now speaking of ugly........Diaper Racing Gold?????

TG, I think it is properly called 'baby mustard' yellow!;):D

Hey! I just finished installing my risors this afternoon. Had to remove an aluminum trim piece and cut the stern shelf return opening back to get them on, but they are done. I'm thinkin I ought to take you on b4 install the 'baby mustard' yellow carb. That way you'll know that you were whooped fair and square! Fancy paint ain't gonna do diddley squat to save yer butt.:p

Git yer title ready!:D

Tail_Gunner

Admiral

TG, I think it is properly called 'baby mustard' yellow!;):D

Hey! I just finished installing my risors this afternoon. Had to remove an aluminum trim piece and cut the stern shelf return opening back to get them on, but they are done. I'm thinkin I ought to take you on b4 install the 'baby mustard' yellow carb. That way you'll know that you were whooped fair and square! Fancy paint ain't gonna do diddley squat to save yer butt.:p

Git yer title ready!:D

Just finishing a gold package on that monster......Youll be the envy of the neighborhood but first you need to get that old barge running....hmmmm mabye if ran a straight exhaust and cut a bit more off you might get her down to at least training weight.....:p

Umm does she even start.....;)