Here we go with the 16ss

SigSaurP229

Commander
Re: Here we go with the 16ss

Three in one day boys!!!!! Didn't get my splash posted till tonight because we spent all evening at the lake yesterday..

Your SS looks really sweet Sig. I can't wait to see your 18 finished.. We need to try to hook up for a day on the water..

HAHA Congrats I think we all set a new Starmada record yesterday. We are going to be on Douglas Lake all day Saturday if she isn't sold by them Still 1k under reserve on ebay with only 3 hours left so I don't see it happening there. She is all over c/l and Facebook no real biters yet though I have it advertised high. Honestly if I were to advertise what I would really take for it she would probably be gone quick. I don't need the money, but man I wanna finish my 18' bad, and with the money I could finish her up by the first of June.

jbcurt00

Staff member

He's brain dead if he thinks it's worth even $1500......
00b0b_hZ0rBUYFCBF_600x450.jpg

Might a be newer hull, but it's got a 50hp Force OB and a busted helm seat.......

SigSaurP229

Commander

He's brain dead if he thinks it's worth even $1500......
00b0b_hZ0rBUYFCBF_600x450.jpg

Might a be newer hull, but it's got a 50hp Force OB and a busted helm seat.......

I kind of snickered, I think he saw my ad tried to underprice me thinking there was equivilant value. I think he missed.

As a matter of fact I think my 18SS in half completed phase, with outboard in pieces and busted trailer is probably worth more than that.

Last edited:

duke33

Petty Officer 1st Class

3 splashes! right on guys.

SigSaurP229

Commander
Well ladies and gents as of Friday morning she is moving on to her new home. I've worked my rear off on her for the last two days installing a new fish finder bilge pump and some other minor finish out work I am not going to say that I made ground breaking money but I accomplished the goal and will have enough to finish the silver lining and paid for our Charleston vacation I think I cleared about $1.75 per hour

dozerII

Admiral
Glad to hear you sold her Sig, hope you got what you were asking cuz even that was low.:eek:

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
A whole Buck Seventy Five per hour. I have some work for you, Sig. :D

Glad Flipper is flipped. I'm guessing the Admiral is happy she's gone and you have Silver Lining cash to finish her.

SigSaurP229

Commander
I am pleased with the results I know the new owner is going to be pleased as well. He is stoked said she looks just like his grandpa's starcraft that he owned for 30 years. I have learned many valuable lessons from flipper, and they are going to be applied to the S/l to create a quality product, I am not going to public discuss prices or margins as I have invited the new owner to stop by and introduce himself.

InMotion

Commander
Congrats there Sig!!! Nice work job and glad to see you it will be moving on and making room in your hanger!!!

Jim

SigSaurP229

Commander
Thanks Jim can't wait to get cash in hand my credit card is itching to buy toys for the 18'

classiccat

"Captain" + Starmada Splash Of The Year 2020
Congratulations Sig!!! I missed the news with the forum switcherooo!!!!

I wonder if the buyer got whiplash pulling out of your driveway....if not there, out on the water when he put the hammer down on that throttle! :madgrin:

SigSaurP229

Commander
not yet she is being delivered tomorrow, he paid me extra to install a new bilge pump, and new humminbird fishfinder.

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
I bet that's a bitter sweet feeling to see all that hard work roll off down the road to a new home. Now back to the SL!

Mainebassa

Recruit
Can't believe this thread is over. I just found it and for the last three to four days have read all the post. I am in the process of restoring a 73 SS from my father in law. It's been a slow rebuild up here in Maine do to the cold. Anyhow thanks for the great read.

SigSaurP229

Commander
Honored to have been your first post. This was one heck of a fun build. Crazily done in 93 days, and the total bill ended up being about $1700 including the boat motor trailer and all finishing touches. It was a lot of fun, and in my opinion the 16SS is a very fine versatile vessel. Actually I kind of miss this little boat every now and then. There are several good builds in this forum and several great threads to look at. Check out the Completed projects thread at the top of the forum, and also check out the SOTY nomination thread there are several awesome completed boats just this year.