Here we go with the 16ss

cj8mule

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: Here we go with the 16ss

Congratulations Sig. The SS looks great and pretty speedy to. That looked like a solid 25 mph and maybe closer to 30 ;)

classiccat

"Captain" + Starmada Splash Of The Year 2020

WOW...NOW THAT'S A HOLE SHOT! :madgrin: Sounds like you've got that thing dialed-in! What RPMs was she turning?

If you REALLY want to sell it, I'd drop these links into the CL ad...

... if you're pretending to sell it, reserve them for our viewing pleasure! :p

SigSaurP229

Commander

Yeah she is dialed in pretty good except I could I had her all the way in I think if I trim her out a hole or two she will get better top end.

She was running a little low at 4900 I think I have room to advance the timing just a smidge more on her but as for now I am REALLY pleased with how she ran. I didn't take a GPS but will be next weekend if I still have her. We are having my youngest son's birthday party at our camper on Douglas next weekend, the admiral has made it abundantly clear that if Flipper isn't sold she is coming along for the ride too.

The admiral loves her but she has made it clear she wants the 18' done stat.

I don't want the 18' done until I find the perfect 140-150hp to put on her.

Last edited:

budski

Lieutenant Commander

Nice Sig, sounds great, actually looked like about 35 mph to me.

duke33

Petty Officer 1st Class

Right on! That's all I have to say about that.

SigSaurP229

Commander

Oohhh I forgot to mention, it took exactly 93 days from the time I brought her home from Cartersville Georgia, until splash day, which is what I am most stoked about.

dozerII

Admiral

Looks great Sig congrats on the splash, I didn't have to worry about anyone else on the lake it was only 3c air temp and 7c water temp.

SigSaurP229

Commander

Thanks glenn it was kind of fun watching the launch ramp follies from the water, especially the one where two trailers backed into each other I sat and waited and idled for about 30 minutes just waiting for the ramp to clear out. All kinds of guys in 50k+ Bassboats, quite a few toons being launched, and of course the really high dollar brand spanking new boats as well. Mine and one other were the oldest out there. I don't know that anyone could really date Flipper to a 1974 just by looking at her though.

I anticipate your Holiday being splash of the year she is awesome.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

93 DAYS - What took so long? :lol: She she's smokin' hot, Sig. Running like a champ, too.

I am a little disappointed. You didn't post shots of Dozer and he didn't have any of you. Wasn't this a dual launch. :D

Still - DOUBLE STARCRAFTS ON THE WATER

You can pick your Starmada membership card at the the next general meeting. We gotta have one of those. :smile:

SigSaurP229

Commander

93 DAYS - What took so long? :lol: She she's smokin' hot, Sig. Running like a champ, too.

I am a little disappointed. You didn't post shots of Dozer and he didn't have any of you. Wasn't this a dual launch. :D

Still - DOUBLE STARCRAFTS ON THE WATER

You can pick your Starmada membership card at the the next general meeting. We gotta have one of those. :smile:

Sorry about that we were on opposite sides of the lake, he was on the cold side I was on the warm.

Wasn't there another guy talking about a splash today, would three starcraft splashes in a day be a record?

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014

Yeah "gotta have a membership car to get inside". More like we kneel on one knee and kiss Granddad's ring while looking up with big ole doe eyes.

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014

Hey I had to scroll up a ways to get to your vids, that rude screams along pretty good! Running 5 - 5.5k at WOT is a tough nut to crack most of the time for me, mainly due to loadout of the boat with full livewells, fuel and bodies but I would say 4900 is pretty darn close.

GA_Boater

Three would be a world record. Gibbles wimped cuz of a little rain and T-storms :eek:, cpchap is close, budski has a flooded river. Wasn't tnstrat (???) up near Johnson City close too?

SigSaurP229

Commander

Yeah, I looked at all of them, a few were really close, I was thinking we might get lucky and break a record, I don't know has two even been done before?

GA_Boater

I think we've had two on the same weekend. Can't remember two on the same day.

SigSaurP229

Commander

The new ad is up on Craigslist the ebay ad has been modified. Special discount on the boat for glassers that are reforming

Weep'n Willy

Master Chief Petty Officer

Congrats on the successful splash and the fast build. She sounds great and running smooth. Nice work.

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Well done man!! She's a RUNNER!!

:becky::thumb:

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner

thumb.gif

Tnstratofam

Commander

Three in one day boys!!!!! Didn't get my splash posted till tonight because we spent all evening at the lake yesterday..

Your SS looks really sweet Sig. I can't wait to see your 18 finished.. We need to try to hook up for a day on the water..

Last edited: