First Timer Restore 1978 StarCraft SS16

laklvng7

Seaman Apprentice
Post some pictures of what you have on the trailer now. Plus move the boat Back a few inches and look for dents or damage on the hull. That is how I decide. Most roller trailers for 16 ft boats don't have enough rollers each roller only gives you about 2 square inches of bearing surface on the hull so if the boat is loaded heavy and towed on rough roads it doesn't take long to badly damage the hull.

Thanks Dozer!!! I will get some pics this weekend and take a closer look. How hard will it be to changeover?????????

dozerII

Admiral
Thanks Dozer!!! I will get some pics this weekend and take a closer look. How hard will it be to changeover?????????

It really depends on the trailer. Most of the brackets are easily purchased then just some cedar 2x4 and bunk carpet

g0nef1sshn

Lieutenant
When I redid mine, I kept the grain like a rainbow, and sealed the top and sides only with spar urethane. Theory behind this I read is that the wood will drain moisture and not trap it. Also used carpet glue on the top side. and I think I only used staples on the side so water wouldnt have access rot the wood from underneath.

laklvng7

Seaman Apprentice
Hey Guys!!! HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!!! Been missing y'all!!! Haven't been doing any boat work at all and the weather had been perfect for it...but mom has been having a rough time since before Thanksgiving, so all of my spare time has been spent taking care of her. It has just been one thing after another. Doc started her on new Parkinson's meds...and she seems a little better...It wouldn't take much to be an improvement over the way things have been...and I still have a bucket full of hope going on...so I keep on hoping and praying everyday...some days it's hard to keep the hope alive when you watch your mom dwindle away day by day....so I just try to maintain myself and do everything I can to make her comfortable and happy...anyway...I am going to try to get after it....only 70 more days till spring!!!!!!! So what's been going on with you guys??????? Hey Dozer...how are you feeling??? Looks like I have a lot of catching up to do. Just wanted to check in...wish you all a VERY HAPPY HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!! Be seeing you guys around.....Susan.

Old Irving

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I am starting to follow your post. I just started my project but only can work about a day a month. My mom has Parkinson's too so my prayers are with your family. Good Luck.

dozerII

Admiral
Happy New year to you too Susan. Prayers your way for your Mom hope things get better. I'm doing okay back to work now. Looking forward to seeing some progress on your S/C

Decker83

Commander
I am sorry to hear about your mom. My thoughts and prayers or with you and your family..
Here is wishing you a Very Happy and Prosperous New Year..:yo: