Carver owners....

Status
Not open for further replies.

pcspat

Recruit
Re: Carver owners....

just bought a 3326 voyager nice and clean cant wait to get her out of the slip!

BoatingTimbo

Petty Officer 3rd Class

'85 Carver 3227 just bought at beginning of the summer.

Powered by twin Crusader 350's and wondering if anyone's re-powered with some new. I want EFI. Has anyone re-powered and what would you recommend?

radgy

Recruit

got a 1977 26ft santa cruze,cant wait to get her ship shape in the water....andybody got an owners manual for the boat/engine(235hp)

thanx roger

Yamabuki

Cadet

I had a look for our 1980 25 (which is what we were told it was ?) but there wasnt one listed, do you think its the 2667 santa cruz or do we have the wrong year.

marineatbn03

Recruit

4017840_0_170720121311_2[1].jpg4017840_0_170720121316_7[1].jpg
Hello everyone. Just recently purchased a 1985 Carver 3207 in beautiful shape. Two new 350's and immaculate inside and out. The only time I have on her so far is the 35 mile ride to put her in a new Marina. I am looking forward to spending some time on her. There are a few things we would like to do like repair the A/C and put a chartplotter on board, other than that, she looks and runs great.

1976 Carver Santa Cruz 25'. Ford 302 mated to a Volvo Penta 280 outdrive. Runs great, just needs a lot of cosmetic repair and to have the electronics updated. Still has the 1976 Autopilot Drive System and has the original depth sounder which has a paper readout. I want to try to restore the autopilot, if I can. It's pretty cool. Has a motor under the flybridge that controls the steering with a chain drive. I inherited this boat from my gramps when he passed away in 06.

Restoration Plans

1. All new seals in the outdrive
  2. Go over engine and install all new gaskets. Repaint engine Volvo Green
  3. Inspect stringers and transom for rot
  4. Remove bottom paint and repair and stress cracks/damage in the hull
  5. Re-gelcoat hull in medium blue
  6. Apply sea green bottom paint
  7. Replace damaged aluminum rubrail
  8. Build new engine box cover to replace rotted one
  9. Update lighting to LED
  10. Replace rotted mahogany wood near windows and adress water intrusion issue
  11. update wiring and electronics
  12. restore and repaint cap and superstructure to off white
  13. restore teak
  14. replace curtains and interior fabric and carpet
  15. install winch and anchor holder on bow
  16. repair fresh water system
  17. replace damaged prop
  18. install bimini top and radar tower
  19. Rename from "The Bandit" to "Aurora Borealis"
:)

tracyadams

Cadet

Just bought a 27 santego 1991. Been too cold to even get it in the water yet. Can't wait!

glpowercruiser

Recruit

Congratulations! She looks beautiful. You will enjoy her for many years, especially with two new 350's. I got my '85 3207 in 2005 and have been in love with her!!! Where to you keep yours?
Ron Simpson
Pouting Girl
Lake St. Clair

PG with BPS Burgee.jpgPG Interior 1.jpgWP_000044.jpg

lshulan

Recruit
need info on bimini for 1995 280 Express Mid Cabin

need info on bimini for 1995 280 Express Mid Cabin

just bought a 95 280 Express and the bimini had been destroyed during Hurricane Sandy and the canvas thrown away. Found out that none of the local canvas guys will build just a bimini since they say its impossible to match it up to exisint cockpit enclosure, can't work backwards they say. Anyway, does anyone have a bimini in any condition for sale or if in NJ area, that I could borrow (would pay fee) so that canvas guy can measure?

Also, any Carver owners in the Bayville, NJ area that want to talk?

Legacyman3607

Recruit

Hello Thomas here owner of 2 carvers both 1984 builds a "3227 convertible" and a "3607 aft cabin":)

Tagerman

Seaman

1990 Carver Montego 21ft. Having a few maintenance issues in her second summer (shift cables etc.). The boat itself however is rock solid and shows decades newer than she is!

brad614

Petty Officer 2nd Class

In the process of buying a 2001 Carver Mariner 350. Get to do the "across the state" trip through the Okeechobee canal system to bring it back from Miami to the Tampa area. Should be a blast!!

marineatbn03

Recruit

In the process of buying a 2001 Carver Mariner 350. Get to do the "across the state" trip through the Okeechobee canal system to bring it back from Miami to the Tampa area. Should be a blast!!
I have my Carver in Gulfport. Love that area. Maybe I will see you in passing.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner

six year old thread still continuing, I like it.

I picked up a 1979 2367 Montego last spring that had been abandoned at our marina. Was inside storage for three years. Fired up perfectly the first time.

I've put on a complete new sterndrive, trim tabs, gutted the interior (monkey fur was falling out and full of mud daubers). Went and checked on it at the upholstery shop and new fur is looking awesome should be ready Monday then I'll put all the interior back in (head, sink, fridge, etc). I've added 5 rod holders and have a 15 hp kicker for striper fishing. Made a custom bech seat that spreads over the engine hatch.

Runs great but sure will be glad to have the inside done this year. We love the boat so much we sold the other two, at 17' go fast and a 34' cruiser.

Got a looong thread on it on another forum but if you are really bored you might enjoy it.

medium boat thread | Forumly Challenged Boaters

Status
Not open for further replies.