College Football.....

sam60

Captain
You should drive out to Big Bear Lake next summer. Would love to have you. We have a spare bedroom. We will even go up there on a weekend!

Ok, we'll get down there...escape the heat. Let us finish our house remodel before you come up, Thanks for the offer!

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
Ok, we'll get down there...escape the heat. Let us finish our house remodel before you come up, Thanks for the offer!
LOL..I meant go up to Big Bear on a weekend! Once retired, I don't need to go anywhere busy on weekends anymore.

aspeck

Staff member
Hey Sam, PSU and Nebraska on FS1. Barkley?s first touch ... 65 yard TD run!

aspeck

Staff member
Sam, Huskers are inside the 10 ... thanks to a PSU boneheaded play on a punt return ...

aspeck

Staff member
Kicking game for PSU is horrendous today ... results in a 10-7 Nebraska lead 9 minutes into the game ...

sam60

Captain
Well, who won? WI took care of MI.......
NebraskaCornhuskers
4-7, 3-5 Conf

Final
NEB100142044
PSU142801456

1 2 3 4 T

i

10Penn StateNittany Lions

aspeck

Staff member
PSU came out in 2nd half, played not to lose, and substituted freely. 4th string was in at the end when Nebraska scored with about 1:30 left, kicked the onside kick, recovered, and scored again on the last play of the game ... was not as close as the score indicated.

sam60

Captain
Nice retirement funds!

Riley?s buyout running for another two years, which could be $4.8 million if he didn?t land another job.

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
The Badgers and Buckeyes appear to be headed to one heck of a B1G champ game....I sure hope those blue and yella jerks at the school up north don't rain our parade and make the game pointless...OH---IO!!

bassman284

Commander
Nice retirement funds!

Riley’s buyout running for another two years, which could be $4.8 million if he didn’t land another job.
Huh. That ain't nuthin'. If Iowa fired Kirk Ferentz on Dec 1 this year, they would owe him $22.5 million buyout. Now that's just his base salary - generally he gets between $4.5 and $5 million a year, There are a fair number of Iowa fans who think we should just pay it and start fresh. Sounds like Riley needs to have a conversation with Ferentz's agent. Of course, Nebraska doesn't have Gary Barta as AD so maybe wouldn't work as well. He keeps giving Ferentz contract extensions that make him too expensive to fire even though he hasn't really done a whole lot for a decade or so. I'm thinking that whomping tOSU 55-24 might get him another extension (current contract runs to 1/31/2026) even though in the 2 weeks since that game the Hawks have stunk up the entire Midwest. I'm sure you can smell it in Nebraska.

Nebraska tends to shed head football coaches like a bear shedding the winter coat so Riley's probably gone and $4.8 million isn't a whole lot if you really hate your coach. Hope it works out bud.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Sooo where is Chip Kelly gunna end up ?
Lots are saying UCLA ... I have not heard any new news on it . But
hearing new Gator head coach "Chomp Kelly" would be cool !
Frost is still an option as are others .. Something needs to happen soon for recruiting sake ...

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Anyone else watching the Pitt game on ABC? I can't see the score, time remaining etc. I see a sliver of the box on the lower right side. No matter what pic setting I use, I can't see it. Am I the only one? On my old non-wide screen I can see it fine....

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Pitt up 17-7. 6:40 in the 4th.

Pitt has played spoiler more than once. Go Pitt.