Harbor freight trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.

smokeonthewater

Fleet Admiral
Re: Harbor freight trailer

I'am not going to argue with anyone seems like we have to many fundalmentalist conservatives replying to this post and I got into boating to get away from guys like you but No man is own island I need a island with some of these remarks.....

Take care

You would think that with a name like godfirst you would at least believe that lying is wrong....
You suggest that someone should consider fraudulently placing the vin tag from one trailer on another to circumvent title laws.

IE some thug steals my boat trailer and you buy it cheap without a title and then cover MY vin number with another so YOU don't get ripped off.....

If disagreeing with you makes me a fundamentalist conservative then call me Rush any day.

MH Hawker

Vice Admiral

My suggestion is to register it in Maine, then move it to your home state. That seams to be a common way to deal with trailers that are messed up.

Godfirst

Petty Officer 1st Class

I'am not going to parts out this trailer end of story when life give you lemons make lemonade

Godfirst

Petty Officer 1st Class

ethics is always the best policy......

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Wow, what a strange thread !!!!
Will be watching this with interest from the sidelines.

tinkerguy70

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Wow, what a strange thread !!!!
Will be watching this with interest from the sidelines.

Agreed!
Usually, condescending remarks and name calling isn't the most effective way to get help from public forums.

Frank Acampora

Supreme Mariner

Here in the USA we don't have the best laws and systems, but they are what we have and what we use. No country is a utopia. Don't like the US System? Try another country!

Having worked in the government, it nettles me when people think "the system" is against them. First off, there is no "system" and second "it" is not against anyone. The laws exist--for the most part-- for the good of the many. Thus, because of this concept, some will suffer--be it aggravation or monetary or whatever. Hell, I was on the receiving end a couple of times and I certainly did not like it, but, you don't see me crying. I worked within the parameters of "the system" and acheived a workable (for me) solution.

Thus: Whiners about the inequity of the law get no sympathy from me. They get some cheese to go with their whine.

Godfirst

Petty Officer 1st Class

Nothing new under the sun, and being criticized from some of this replies from a obvious malacious comments moving to another country I bet some of you are flying pirate flags I fly a USA one myself.
Merry Christmas

lncoop

Vice Admiral

I've bought and sold so many rigs over the years that the admiral has taken to calling me Mr. Haney, yet while Arkansas does require trailer titles I've never had an issue on either side of a transaction including interstate deals. It's been my experience that one's attitude is the single greatest factor in the ownership transfer equation. An adversarial approach, which is clearly the one you have chosen, will get one exactly nowhere and is certainly not consistent with the ethics or beliefs you purport to espouse.

Godfirst

Petty Officer 1st Class

Lived in Arkansas drove for cannon express many years ago long haul over the road.
Thanks for all the response

Duane

81_chapparel194

Petty Officer 1st Class

has anyone figured out EXACTLY what this guy is asking??? i M SO lost and im usually pretty sharp about this. lol. if he is trying to register a trailer why not register it as home built with no title?? they will then issue a vin plate to attatch to his trailer.. or atleast in georgia they do. i work at a trailer manufacturer and our trailers are sold with a certificate of origin to take to the dmv and apply for a title in your state. each trailer has its own unique vin # and are all NATM compliant. we stamp the vin into the frame as well as multiple stickers in various locations..

smokeonthewater

Fleet Admiral

He is asking about fraudulently registering a trailer with the vin from another

frantically relaxing

Senior Chief Petty Officer

The OP seems to be wondering why the DMV won't help in registering a trailer if it's sold without the correct paperwork--

Now, I'm not sure about every other state, but in Utah, a single axle trailer isn't required to have license plates, and therefore isn't required to be registered and/or titled. But you CAN register it if you wanted to. As for the DMV not helping: In Utah, if you want to register something, you simply need to have any form of law enforcement official examine your whatever-it-is-you-want-to-register. They have special forms for this, they make note of everything about the unit and it's serial number. They will even run a quick check of your S/N to see if it's listed as stolen. If there is no serial number, they'll arrange to have one made up for you.

Once you have the paperwork in order, you take it and get it registered. And probably pay fees and taxes on it! :)

bigdee

Commander

I don't know about the OP state but in NC on a trailer under 3500# they don't give a rats azz about documentation as long as you have current tag on it. Of course if it happened to be a stolen trailer or if the original owner contested it you could pay the consequences of that. But the chances of getting caught HERE with the wrong vin is nil as long as the tag fits the registered category (boat or utility). Not advocating anything and I would make an attempt to do it legally.

Bronlonius

Petty Officer 2nd Class

This is a bizarre thread. Yes, he's asking about fraudulently using the vin from a HF to register a trailer that he doesn't have the proper paperwork for, which is fraud and certainly not fitting for someone with a username that implies that he puts God first. based on his username, I have to wonder what kind of stuff must be running through his head. He clearly knows that what he's asking is the wrong thing to do, but he's trying to justify it by getting re-assurance from other people... If there's one thing I can't stand it's people who know they are not doing the right thing, but try to use religion to justify it.

Godfirst

Petty Officer 1st Class

AS for now the issue is one state will not validate anothers with all the states bueracy trying to do this legal seems impossible

Godfirst

Petty Officer 1st Class

Before making a judgement on this thread alot of these replies are imposing a question but inreality boating is about thinking and being out of the box within one man personal oppinions just life is a challenge when laws are imposed to restrict one mans freedoms

Godfirst

Petty Officer 1st Class

Last post I will try to be the ethical man

Status
Not open for further replies.