Harbor freight trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYBo

Admiral
Re: Harbor freight trailer

Last post I will try to be the ethical man
But not a law-abiding one. Many forums would have deleted this thread for promoting illegal activities. You are also bordering on making a political statement, which is forbidden by the forum rules.

Bronlonius

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Before making a judgement on this thread alot of these replies are imposing a question but inreality boating is about thinking and being out of the box within one man personal oppinions just life is a challenge when laws are imposed to restrict one mans freedoms

This thread is not about being "out of the box" while boating or laws that "restrict one mans freedoms". It's about a guy who bought a trailer without getting the correct paperwork, and thinks that for some reason the he's entitled to circumvent the law to register it. The moral of the story is, do your homework before buying a trailer!

Fwiw, I almost bought a trailer like this (registered, but not to the seller, and seller had no title) but called the dmv to see what it would take to get it in my name... While the trailer was not reported stolen, they told me that the only way to get it into my name was with a court order to the person who it was registered to.... Since the dmv refused to tell me who it was actually registered to, and the seller didn't know... i just moved on and got something else.

The way I see it Godfirst, you have 2 ethically correct options:

1. Call your dmv/state patrol and verify that it's not stolen. If it's not stolen, sell the trailer as "no title/for parts" to someone else and move on. Maybe someone in a state with different trailer title laws will buy it, maybe someone needs parts from it.

2. Take the trailer back to the seller, tell him he's an jerk for selling you a trailer that can't be registered, and that you want your money back. (Good luck with that though). If the trailer IS stolen, report the guy who sold it to you to the police.

That's what I'd do.

MH Hawker

Vice Admiral

Their is also one more option. I have been told you can register it in the state of Maine easily or their may be others and them move it to your home state. It is a shame that things get messed up and people have to resort to things like this.

http://www.mainetrailerregistrations.com/

Godfirst

Petty Officer 1st Class

As posted above the seller lied to me it was a ebay purchase with a deposit and I know all about the options I have with that, I will have to be patient and have the dmv find the last registered seller or the trailer will just be a pile of parts.

Frank Acampora

Supreme Mariner

Ebay has warning about buying vehicles needing to be registered. However they do have some remedies. Did you pay by paypal?

At any rate, no matter how you paid, contact ebay and see if they can help.

Then if they can not, suck it up and take it like a man.

Godfirst

Petty Officer 1st Class

Yes If you give me the money ill move on .........

Godfirst

Petty Officer 1st Class

Should of expected that above with a Rivera Cruiser we call that following the joness stay away from my slip...

Bronlonius

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Ebay and paypal always side with the buyer, even if the buyer is wrong! There is a time limit (45 days from the purchase date) though, I would get on that right away. File an item not as described case, and explain your situation to them. If you used paypal, you should be able to get your deposit back.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Turned sour. closed

Status
Not open for further replies.