No shoe rule on boat ?

tlombard

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Boy, you are ugly! Lol j/k Sorry, you served it up on a silver platter. I had to run with it...Haha....

I wouldn't expect anything less and would actually be rather disappointed if I nobody at least took a swing at the ball I teed up! Trust me, nobody can make fun of me more than I make fun of myself.

jkust

Rear Admiral
I'm the ugly mug on the left. Her first time on a boat. She'll be back! We had our softball playoffs last week and we played against her team. After we beat the mess out of them she came running right over and started asking when we're going out on the boat again. This weekend!

Sorry, did I say no shoes...what I meant to say is shoes encouraged.

tlombard

Petty Officer 2nd Class
No Title

After we got back that evening the friend on the right asked if it was OK if he asked her out. Sadly I had to give him the OK since I'm currently dating another girl. But it worked out because she shot him down so she's still in play if things don't work out with the girl I'm currently dating (only been five weeks or so). Girl I've been dating in this picture. Either way I am doing OK somehow.

Attachments

• photo251031.jpg
    photo251031.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 0

WIMUSKY

Staff member
The first girl appears she might be very high maintenance. But, I've been married for 23yrs, so what would I know....... :)

Last edited:

tlombard

Petty Officer 2nd Class
She seems really down to earth and if she's high maintenance she takes care of it herself. She's got a great job in IT, likes beer festivals, sports and is willing to try pretty much anything if it sounds remotely fun. Completely not what I was expecting when I invited her.

Plus she lied to me and told me that not only did I have the nicest boat on the lake but I look younger than I am (38). She's a keeper for whoever she chooses.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Well if you forget the extra pfd don't worry .. Looks like she won't need it ... ;)

tlombard

Petty Officer 2nd Class
You are definitely playing above the rim.

This lucky streak probably won't last long but I'll enjoy the ride while it lasts!

Honestly the only reason the girl I've been dating isn't out of my league is because of prior mistakes on her part. I won't get into all of that other than to say it took a lot of courage for her to tell me everything she did up front and in the end she's learned to appreciate somebody who treats her right and wants to be with her. As long as it is all in the past then we're good. It's only been about five weeks but so far so good. We'll see.

tlombard

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I adhere more stringently to the "No bananas" rule...;)

What about hot dogs because while we were putting the boat in she did get a couple of hot dogs. I had no problem watching her down those on the boat.

muskyfins

Chief Petty Officer
It appears you have out-kicked your coverage.:thumb:

In any case, either of those two ladies can wear whatever shoes they want on my boat. They can wear muddy hunting boots for all I care. Hell-if they come dressed like the pics, I'll buy 'em new shoes.:love:

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Ok, we need to start reeling it in boyz........ Resist the distraction, nothing more to see. Move along please... :)

dieselram94

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Hmm, I don't really have a shoe rule on my cuddy cabin, as its old and the interior is way past prime. That being said, everyone just automatically takes their shoes off, in fact most times I don't even wear shoes in the truck, so they don't make it on board. The sailboat I just purchased will definitely have a no shoes rule. I feel you can't get better traction than bare feet anyways. At my house I'm definitely insisting on no shoes, I really don't want all the filth you stepped in all day tracked all over my house...barefoot is best.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
i would disagree with better traction in bare feet. If everything perfectly dry then yes - but it is boating after all and things tend to get wet.

dieselram94

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I should clarify the better traction thing. Carpet and non slip surfaces I think barefoot is better, highly polished gelcoat or paint good shoes is probably better. Just can't beat barefoot for minimal damage to surfaces being walked on. In my opinion anyways. Bottom line is whoever owns the boat makes the choice and all others must respect it.

hogbare35

Seaman
I always encouraged guest to wear shoes on my boat , because we were fishing 95% of the time . A fish hook in the foot can ruin a good trip . My pet peeve was glass . I wanted nothing glass on board , including wine ,beer liquor bottles . Too easy to break and cause problems .

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
I should clarify the better traction thing. Carpet and non slip surfaces I think barefoot is better, highly polished gelcoat or paint good shoes is probably better. Just can't beat barefoot for minimal damage to surfaces being walked on. In my opinion anyways. Bottom line is whoever owns the boat makes the choice and all others must respect it.

got it and agree.

jkust

Rear Admiral
I don't use my snap in carpet but the diamond pattern glass pattern is actually pretty good for grip. Every single walking surface that you might walk on from the anchor locker door to the side of the gunnels to the swim platform has the diamond pattern on it. Grip just isn't a concern that makes our list as a rational for shoes on our large lake in our situation. I've snuck my crocks on because I generally stand at the helm and darn if my flat feet don't take a beating after a full day.

oldjeep

Admiral
I don't use my snap in carpet but the diamond pattern glass pattern is actually pretty good for grip. Every single walking surface that you might walk on from the anchor locker door to the side of the gunnels to the swim platform has the diamond pattern on it. Grip just isn't a concern that makes our list as a rational for shoes on our large lake in our situation. I've snuck my crocks on because I generally stand at the helm and darn if my flat feet don't take a beating after a full day.

I took my snap out off once and my floor is also full diamond grip. That dark blue floor isn't a lot of fun in the sun.