Mercruiser 5.0 mpi bravo help with wiring needed

Bennettrj

Cadet
Hi there I'm new too forum and am in need of advice I have a mercruiser engine listed above it is complete and was running until I removed it from boat hull too fit y pipe as original owner had thru hull exhausts. But whilst engine was out of boat the goats in the field have chewed. The harness wired too engine including ht leads. I am looking for a detailed wiring harness diagram too help me out any help greatly appreciated thanks in advance

thumpar

Admiral
Re: Mercruiser 5.0 mpi bravo help with wiring needed

The manuals can be found in the adults only thread. Post up a serial number so we know what you have.

alldodge

Staff member

Hi there I'm new too forum and am in need of advice I have a mercruiser engine listed above it is complete and was running until I removed it from boat hull too fit y pipe as original owner had thru hull exhausts. But whilst engine was out of boat the goats in the field have chewed. The harness wired too engine including ht leads. I am looking for a detailed wiring harness diagram too help me out any help greatly appreciated thanks in advance

:welcome: to iboats

The easiest way would be to pick up another complete harness and if you have the engine serial number we could figure it out. If you want to patch what you have we could still use the serial number or at least a year of the motor.

Below is a generic manual with wiring
http://www.boatfix.com/merc/techbk/96/96hgd4.pdf

Bennettrj

Cadet

I have just ventured out in the dark and got these numbers from the engine the are printed on stickers like barcodes on the bell housing. They read

5.0 Efi bravo 4m32027n1. On one sticker and
Serial no. om081308 on the other sticker does this help??? thanks rob

alldodge

Staff member

I have just ventured out in the dark and got these numbers from the engine the are printed on stickers like barcodes on the bell housing. They read

5.0 Efi bravo 4m32027n1. On one sticker and
Serial no. om081308 on the other sticker does this help??? thanks rob

The EFI harness part number is 861157T 1
The engine harness number is 862179T 1 (Delco alternator) or 861819T 1 (Mando alternator)

The EFI harness is around $500 using google search mercruiser 861157T1
Engine harness is around $100 using google search mercruiser 862179T1

Do some looking around and maybe call the dealer to see what they would want for it.

Bennettrj

Cadet
Mercruiser 5.0 efi

I desperately need a wiring diagram for above engine as loom is badly damaged I have been told there are two wiring harnesses available depending on which alternator delco or ????? But mine says mercruiser 862031 ?????so have no IDea. Really I'm after a wiring diagram and a part number for replacement engine wiring harness. Many thanks in advance rob

Bennettrj

Cadet
Serial number in engine is 5.0 Efi bravo 4m32027n1. On one sticker and Serial no. om081308 on the other sticker does this help??? thanks rob

alldodge

Staff member
I desperately need a wiring diagram for above engine as loom is badly damaged I have been told there are two wiring harnesses available depending on which alternator delco or ????? But mine says mercruiser 862031 ?????so have no IDea. Really I'm after a wiring diagram and a part number for replacement engine wiring harness. Many thanks in advance rob

Harness part numbers are
EFI 861157T 1
Engine Delco ALT 862179T 1
Engine Mando ALT 861819T 1

Wiring Diagram http://www.boatfix.com/merc/techbk/96/96hgd4.pdf

Last edited: