Boat Seat

RB78

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Anyone have any experience with this Atwood contoured seat? I'm thinking of getting them for my boat.

grey-smoke_0.jpg

Would mount them to an adjustable swivel mount.

oops!

Supreme Mariner
Re: Boat Seat

hi...

each seat, boat, couch or lazy boy fits a person different. this is due to height, weight, and body shape. some are comfortable for some, others not.

the construction of the seats are paramount to its long life. check the mfgr to see it it meets your standards.

the upholstery will dictate the ease of cleaning and scuff proof. again check the mfgr to see if the seat you want has thick enough covering to make it a long lasting seat.

as far as comfort. find a shop with the seat style you want. and sit in it for a few minits (10 or 15) see how it feels. you dont want to get a seat that makes your legs go numb.

RB78

Petty Officer 3rd Class

hi...

each seat, boat, couch or lazy boy fits a person different. this is due to height, weight, and body shape. some are comfortable for some, others not.

the construction of the seats are paramount to its long life. check the mfgr to see it it meets your standards.

the upholstery will dictate the ease of cleaning and scuff proof. again check the mfgr to see if the seat you want has thick enough covering to make it a long lasting seat.

as far as comfort. find a shop with the seat style you want. and sit in it for a few minits (10 or 15) see how it feels. you dont want to get a seat that makes your legs go numb.

Thanks, Oops. Not much around here carrying seats. The locals order them in ...

Understand completely what you are saying. I'm tall with long legs. Mama is shorter, with shorter legs. She can't sit at my comfort height, I can't sit at hers ... Finding the 'perfect' seat for both of us will be impossible. I'm hoping to just come close. Which is why I'm targeting an adjustable, swivel base.

I found these seats through the iboats links - just curious whether any one of you had used them & what your thoughts were. I do like them (the look, at least) and think that style might work for both of us.

I definitely don't want lounge seats back in the boat. I sit on those and my knees are up around my eyeballs.

wa_ssv197

Petty Officer 1st Class

Contact Attwood to locate a local distributor or rep. they may let you check out the seat. I have sat in that seat and if you are a larger/bigger person the side bolters may get in your way, other then that it's one of the nicest folding seats I have sat in.

RB78

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Contact Attwood to locate a local distributor or rep. they may let you check out the seat. I have sat in that seat and if you are a larger/bigger person the side bolters may get in your way, other then that it's one of the nicest folding seats I have sat in.

Thanks for your input. I'll keep these on my shortlist.

RB78

Petty Officer 3rd Class

We decided to go with these seats for the front:

1149134gray_charcoal_5.jpg

Only thing I haven't been able to ascertain is the pedestal size needed - 2 3/8" or 2 7/8". I've e-mailed the manufacturer.