Wont shift into fwd when it does it slams hard?

ilove2fixx

Chief Petty Officer
Lets slow down and get back to the basics. Somewhere in your post I put a link to the adjustments. With the drive in fwd and the shifter in fwd with no throttle
attach the black plastic sleeve to the bolt and then adjust the brass barrel to fit. Test operation and report back

I also followed the steps 100% from that youtube link you gave me

ilove2fixx

Chief Petty Officer
So put it in fwd from the helm and shoe and then put plastic end in first and adjust barrel correct ? How.about the other shift cable right under it leave it ?

When you say no throttle do you mean adjust it when motor is on ? Im confused

Bt Doctur

Supreme Mariner
In the control box is a detent for F N R . Its where your in foward gear but no throttle.You have to be in gear BEFORE the throttle feature happens.
Motor does not need to be running .By having the throttle advancing before your in gear is a control cable adjustment issue not a lower drive cable issue.
When everything is working together the drive is in gear first, then the throttle comes in
http://www.boatfix.com/merc/Techbk/94/94hsa2.pdf

ilove2fixx

Chief Petty Officer
In the control box is a detent for F N R . Its where your in foward gear but no throttle.You have to be in gear BEFORE the throttle feature happens.
Motor does not need to be running .By having the throttle advancing before your in gear is a control cable adjustment issue not a lower drive cable issue.
When everything is working together the drive is in gear first, then the throttle comes in
http://www.boatfix.com/merc/Techbk/94/94hsa2.pdf

Still a little confusing becuase my lower cable is on top? Do i just take that off while leaving the other cable in place ?

thumpar

Admiral
The lower shift cable has nothing to do with the controls. It is the cable that goes from the shift plate to the drive. It doesn't matter where the cables are located on the controls.

Bt Doctur

Supreme Mariner
Give the guy a break, he`s trying
From the top , remove the cable that goes to the outdrive
Shift the control box into the fwd gear detent, there should be no throttle cable movement at this time
Push the black plastic sleeve of the outdrive cable inward untill the prop is locked CCW
Attach the black plastic part and adjust the barrel to fit.

check your messages

ilove2fixx

Chief Petty Officer
Give the guy a break, he`s trying
From the top , remove the cable that goes to the outdrive
Shift the control box into the fwd gear detent, there should be no throttle cable movement at this time
Push the black plastic sleeve of the outdrive cable inward untill the prop is locked CCW
Attach the black plastic part and adjust the barrel to fit.

check your messages

Ok did all that, will check today and see.. i will.check my msg thanks bt doctur your the only one here that doesnt make fun or give up on people..

ilove2fixx

Chief Petty Officer
Ok guys, i did what u suggested and i took out the boat yesterday.. shifts fine but throttle is sensative.. i have to give it lots of gas or shell stall ? Sometimes she can cruise at low speed but very sensative .. ? That shift sensor that kills the engine never moves , so it has to be throttle or carb related ?