1966 Lone Star Monteray Sport

Boatleaner

Cadet
Iam new to the boating world bout a 1966 14 ft lone Star monterey sport with evinrude 28 hp motor , but trying to find out the year model number is 282026 ,seial number is 01719 , can any one help me to find out the year think it my be a 1962 evinrude any help would be appreciated thank you ,also needs to be painted how do I go about sanding it then painting it ant there steps that have to be taken

Last edited by a moderator:

jbcurt00

Staff member
Boat leaner,
I moved your post to a topic of your own.

Try not to post to inactive topics (those w/ out new posts for 90days) and please don't ask questions unrelated to the subject or about your project in someone else's topic, thats considered a hijack.

I deleted your posts in the battery topic. If you have questions about running additional batteries or setting them up, start a topic in that forum.

The motor questions are best asked in the appropriate motor forum. For your Evinrude:
Johnson & Evinrude Outboards

Unless it's been painted, your LoneStar has gelcoat on it's exterior. It can be painted or have new gelcoat applied. The prep for either will depend on it's current condition. Post some pix and the guys hanging around the dry dock will be along to help you get the boat seaworthy and looking good. Depending on condition, there may be a good bit of work ahead.

Welcome to iboats, good luck w/ your project

jbcurt00

Staff member
Boatleaner
Please use this topic about your boat.

Please notice if its been more then 90days since the person that started a topic, has posted to it. After 90days w no new posts, treat topics like library books: for research only and not to be written in.

Please refrain from asking questions about your boat in other peoples topics, ask them here.

Epoxy can be used to repair a fiberglass boat, but your boat was made w polyester resin, and most choose that to repair fiberglass boats.

As before, your boat had gelcoat originally, so unless it was painted at some point then it still has gelcoat. You can paint or use gelcoat.

Follow the info here for posting pix
http://forums.iboats.com/forum/forum-rules-and-guidelines/9938375-photo-upload-tutorial

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Yup, I agree with JBC...I'd use Polyester Resin to do the job. These two links will help get ya started...
I'd also open a FREE Photobucket account to load your pics. Then copy and paste the IMG Code directly into your iBoats thread.

Fabricating Decks, Stringers, and Transoms

Attachments

• MaterialsList.pdf
    161.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

TruckDrivingFool

Lieutenant Commander
First off in case the wagon hasn't been by,

:welcome: to iboats!

Are you asking about painting the boat or the motor as that will effect the advise needed.

As for IDing the motor - I looked here but seems that for a model number with that many digits there should be some letters.

As the others have said post up some pics and the visual may make for an easier ID.