You Guys Are the BEST!!!!!

Trailbum

Seaman
Hey Guys,<br /> Last year when I found this forum, I knew NOTHING about outboards. All I knew was I had an 89(A) Force 15 HP that left me stranded EVERYTIME I took it out of the cove. Fortunately, it always died early enough so it was only a short row back to shore.... With the help and suggestions of the members on this forum, over the Winter I replaced the head gasket, rebuilt the fuel pump and carb, and replaced the water pump impeller and housing. I've used the motor many times this Summer and it runs like it's absolutely brand new. I still have an occasional fuel delivery issue with the "Chrysler" fuel connectors, but nothing major.<br /> My 1956 Evinrude 10 HP was also trouble-free this Summer!!<br /> I've also learned enough here to get my Dad's Starcraft 4.3 liter and his Johnson 25 HP going this Spring when neither would start after sitting idle all Winter (both fuel related)!!!! My Dad suddenly thinks that I'm some sort of motor guru!!! <br /> Thanks again guys, You're the BEST!!!! :D

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: You Guys Are the BEST!!!!!

Thanks for the feedback, Trailbum. We get too little of it.<br /><br />Good luck. :)

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner

Double ditto. I can't take credit for giving any advise but it's nice to hear how things turned out.<br /><br />Thanks!

Jumper

Seaman

I second what trailbum said. My merc 850 runs great after not running for 10yrs!! I was able to do all the work by using the manual and getting advice/suggestions from everyone on here!

brother chris

Commander

Yup, I do agree, you guys are great. This is one of my favourite sites. Even just to browse and see the question and answers. I learned alot from here. Thanks guys!!!!!

gateway

Seaman

Im hooked too, Everything I wanted to know about my motor...these guy's answered everything with dead accuracy.<br /><br />no4njnk

naughtybynature

Petty Officer 2nd Class

glad moose and i could help. we taught jb everything he knows.... but not all we know!<br /><br />ps, thanks for your help with my motor jb. i got the problem cased thanks to you.