YAMAHA F-115 info

pine island fred

Lieutenant Junior Grade
This might be against the rules, will try to sneak it by. During my carrier I have worked from some quality manuals. DOUGLAS, BOEING, LOCKHEED. They all have extensive sections called D/O, description and operation, which actually break down each item, tell you how it works and its relationship in the subject system. This is stuff that the regular MERC, YAMAHA ect. manuals dont come close to. I have found that YAMAHA is the least informative.
A few years ago, I mentioned this to RODBOLT, if you remember him, he was nice enough to xeroux 35 pages of info specific to my F115 and gave them to me. This would be out of the books techs use for their initial or recurrent training, not for general distribution. Am to a point in life where it is time to start disposing stuff I will never use, these few sheets of info are part of these items. Hate to just throw them away, occurred to me that perhaps some regular here could use them and is capable to scan and share the info with others that might need it. If you could use and share these pages, give me an address in a personal message, I will put a stamp on the envelope and send them. Some of the info gets heavy and is useless except for theory on operation but some will be helpful. Am sure the info applies to other 4 strokes in the same power range.
To many years ago was in a class that covered INERTIAL REFERENCE SYSTEMS, used ring laser gyros. No moving parts. Could not keep the books, had to give them back. Am sure the communist already had their own copies if I got to look at the books. Would be nice if YAMAHA distributed this type of stuff but it might not be worth while for general distribution. regards FRED

99yam40

Fleet Admiral
Re: YAMAHA F-115 info

Fred, I hate to hear you are to that point.

Do you know why Rod stopped posting?
I found out he is alive and well from the place he works from, but that was all I got.
Hope you can share some info , if you have some on him

If you still have it, I would be glad to take the info, and help others with it as time goes on.
I will PM you

pine island fred

Lieutenant Junior Grade

GLEEN, will put it in the mail monday. Am also in the process of just about giving my boat with the 115 away to a neighbor. Can not sell anything down here. If it goes thru, he will have no use for the manual so I will send that along sometime.
As for RODBOLT, TOM , do not know why he stopped posting. Last time I talked to him on the phone, he was posting on yamahaoutboardparts.com Right now am entertaining the idea of visiting some people on OBX later in NOV. so I will stop by and yank his chain.
As for me, am not on the ropes yet. Even took the boat out today. Unlike steve jobs, I had my pancreas worked on years ago so I either bought some time or am OK. dont know yet. Reoccurring pain gives me premonitions, is why I am getting things in order. This is not really suitable here, have to figure out how to respond to the personal mails. FRED

99yam40

Fleet Admiral

Thanks fred. he stopped over there also. That is Glenn not Gleen :D

To reply to a PM all you have to do is click on the" reply to private message" button right below the text of the message.
Learn something new each and every day.
If it is early in the day you can coast the rest of the day