Yamaha AR210 questions

strokeoluck

Petty Officer 1st Class
We currently have a Bayliner 185 but for various reasons we're considering a 21' Yamaha AR210. For those of you that own a Yamaha, a few questions:

- Tower/Arch: Dealer tells me this model is $2,500 more than the SX210 due to the tower/arch. My 10 year old son wants to start wakeboarding this summer (he already knows how to ski) so I'd like a tower, but a) can't I buy a tower for a heck of a lot less than $2,500?!; and b) it looks like it's a pain to remove/install/store the tower - is it? We'll keep the boat in our garage and I really don't relish the thought of putting that thing on and taking it off every time we take it out. We boat about 8x/summer.

- Cost: Dealer tells me the price is $34,995 - non-negotiable. Aside from calling other dealers, is there a website that will show me manufacturer cost and/or best prices paid for this boat?

- Rudders: Have any of you have had rudders (?) installed on the blowers? The dealer salesman told me that about half of his Yamaha customers have them installed for about $400 - or we can buy the parts and do it ourselves (which I would probably do). He said this can help control the boat at low speeds, though he personally didn't think it was a problem once you get the hang of it.

I've done a fair amount of research on the boat online, but if you feel there's anything else you want to share about the boat - feel free. Thanks!