Xp 150

joshuaray

Seaman Apprentice
Had a raker 24p on the boat. Was only getting to 5k rpms. So I bought a 22p raker put it on boat ran it today. Thought rpms should come up some. Well only 5k rpms. Any suggestions.

ondarvr

Supreme Mariner
Not all props are created equal, nor do the manufacturers measure the pitch in the exact same way, so one style of 22" may perform more like a 24" of a different brand or style.

joshuaray

Seaman Apprentice
These are the exact same prop just different pitch. I realize if I was going from one manufacturer to the other ok. Same prop both raker props. Both are the original raker props.

boobie

Supreme Mariner
You may want to post this in the prop section of this forum.

joshuaray

Seaman Apprentice
Ok I don't think it is a prop problem. I think it is a motor problem. Motor does not pull past 5k. Thought it was a prop problem that is why I bought a smaller prop. Same problem. Motor doesn't pull past 5k

joshuaray

Seaman Apprentice
So could it be the tach. I did put a different one on. Works fine. But just to be sure I will change it to a new one. If this could be the problem. Could this be it? Maybe stops some reason tach only work right up to 5k.

racerone

Supreme Mariner
What does a compression test show ?------Perhaps a shop in your area has a dynomometer to test motor output.