WOT issues

scooter79

Cadet
I have a 2007 Mercury 50 hp ELPTO. I have just started having a problem at WOT, the motor acts like it is running out of fuel and wants to die. When I turn and prime the fuel line it quits and runs normal for a few minutes and does it again. I have just rebuilt the carbs and replaced all the gaskets and fuel lines from the fuel filter to the carbs. My boat has a built in tank with a vent built into the fuel cap. Running Wide open the motor starts to cut out and I have tried opening the fuel cap to see if there was a vent problem and it didn't make a difference until I re-primed the fuel line. Could this be a fuel pump issue???? Just a FYI when I store the boat every time I come off the water I rinse the motor and unhook the fuel and run the carbs empty. the only thing I can come up with is the fuel pump diaphragm may have a hole in it or the pump is shot. Any help would be great.

scooter79

Cadet
That's what I was thinking, I was thinking I had a hole in the diaphram. Thanks. Mi duckdown why would you not drain the fuel out of the bowls if being stored. I hate this fuel we have now a days it gums stuff up and it is hard to find good fuel here without paying an arm and a leg for it..