Worn roller on shift lever for 35hp Evinrude

Bill Forrest

Recruit
Can anyone help with some info on where to get ahold of a shift lever for a 1977 Evinrude 35hp remote shift engine (Mod #35753C)? The lever I'm looking for is on the starboard side where the shift cable connects to it? The little round roller is shot on one side? Any help will be greatly appreciated....'n thanks....Bill

CATransplant

Admiral
Re: Worn roller on shift lever for 35hp Evinrude

I'm not entirely sure which part you're talking about, but all the parts are available at:

http://shop2.evinrude.com/

Drill down to your model in the list on the right. You'll find the shift lever and its associated parts in the Exhaust Housing sub group parts blowup and parts list.

However, the roller you're talking about may well be part of the cable, rather than a part from the outboard itself. In that case, I'm not sure where to find the part.

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

a picture of the problem part will help.

Bill Forrest

Recruit

:D

CATransplant: Sir, you were right on the money with that reply and website referral.....that was all I needed to find a new bushing and o-ring for that shift lever. You're a good fellow and I appreciate you passing on the info. Keep it wet an have a great day, my friend......Bill