Worlds First EV Car to Tow a Boat

smokeonthewater

Fleet Admiral
Tails don't wag dogs if set up right... I can tell you it is rock solid pulling my 10' jetboat at 60 mph...... If it's actually 1000 lbs ur 14'er isn't much heavier.... Funny tho that your car would cost less to travel the same distance.

If you can get your Gold Wing up to about 300-800mpg, it would cost the same. Lol Even our scooters cost much more to run. Or 160-250mpg if you actually pay for the charge. Kohl's is free, work is free, Whole Foods is free, Camp Grounds are free, my mother's is free. Some of my friends know I arrive at the front door with the extension cord in hand. Lol!
I was looking at a Gold Wing last week. Insurance is a bit more, but all the reviews say it handles like a sports car, fast, easy, and maneuverable ... not like a crotch rocket or even a cruiser, but very well despite it's size and weight. I always raced MX, HairScrambles, Enduros, and Trials when I was on 2 wheels. I think I will keep an eye out for a Suzuki DR350SE (Bullet Proof) or a more modern DRZ400 since it has what I am used to. Well under 300lbs, peppy, and ~11" of suspension. I don't know if my girlfriend would like sitting up so high. And reverse using legs would be harder than a Goldwing! I know she would like the GoldWing :) Winter is a buyers market for summer toys, so who knows.
Let me know what you think of a GoldWings handling compared to other bikes. I want to cruise relaxed and safe, not ride like a teenager in the left lane weaving feeling the power and maneuvering every few seconds.

smokeonthewater

Fleet Admiral
Handling is great...requires more skill and effort at low speed IE under @10 mph but is so much less tiresome to ride on the highway.

I had a dr-350 for a couple years.... Seat was HORRIBLE.... Way too soft
Was a BLAST to ride a dirt bike with a tag but I sold it fearing losing my license.... Something about cutting through a parking lot and hopping off of a 4' concrete retaining wall into traffic that was bound to eventually get me in trouble.

I had wide sticky street tires on it.

My favorite goldwing tho hard to find an imaculate one would be an 87 aspencade, followed by an 86, sei, 85 ltd.. All are 1200's my current bike is a 1500 but while it has nice features the 1500 was a step back in a lot of ways... The 1800's got back some of the road feel of the 1200 and are very nice bikes but are IMHO still not the machine the 1200's were.

My dually gets 7 mpg pulling my fifth wheel and jeep at the same time at 78 mph.... My jeep gets 12-15 and my BMW gets mid to upper 20's.

I don't worry about it... I jus fill em n keep on burnin dinosaurs.