Women

angus63

Captain
Re: Women

When I started dating, my father passed on this short piece of advise:

"Do what your heart says until your brain or your wallet tells you otherwise"

He also took the liberty to substitute different organs for the heart depending on who was in earshot!!!!

lowkee

Lieutenant Commander

if she does not want to make you part of her circle, get rid of her NOW.

I think that statement wraps up this thread.

LadyFish

Admiral

I just wanted to add that your girlfriend/spouse is supposed to be your best friend. Someone you'd love to spend time and do things with, someone you WANT to spend every waking moment with.

Anyone who wishes to spend more time away from you than with you, is gently telling you goodbye.

When you find your best friend, you've found them for life.

180shabah

Rear Admiral

Anyone who wishes to spend more time away from you than with you, is gently telling you goodbye.

Absolutely, she may not be consciously doing it, but she is protecting herself from fault. She said she wants more time with her friends and less with you, you wanted more time with her. So in her mind, you won't let her be her, your smothering her etc. It is easier to tell others that, than say I just don't want to grow up yet.

bowman316

Lieutenant Commander

It's all about who cares more, If i show that i want to be with here a lot, she has all the power, and she also will tend to not like me as much. If i play hard to get, she will tend to like me more.

It is all a big game

LadyFish

Admiral

It's all about who cares more, If i show that i want to be with here a lot, she has all the power, and she also will tend to not like me as much. If i play hard to get, she will tend to like me more.

It is all a big game

Absolutely right about the game part, but people that are REALLY in love don't play games with eachother. The relationship is open and everything just clicks. No games.

81 beachcomber

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Absolutely right about the game part, but people that are REALLY in love don't play games with eachother. The relationship is open and everything just clicks. No games.

whats the fun in that?? :confused: haha just kidding.

you shouldnt have to play games in a serious relationship

ezbtr

Commander

you've got plenty of time to find the right one - don't settle.
Mine is the newer and improved model - amazing and a keeper....

bowman316

Lieutenant Commander

yea, i think i was settling because i just wanted a GF for company. So maybe i could just see her every once and a while, while looking for the right one for me.

lowkee

Lieutenant Commander

yea, i think i was settling because i just wanted a GF for company. So maybe i could just see her every once and a while, while looking for the right one for me.

That's the spirit!

Girlfriends are like propellers, always have a spare! :D

tallcanadian

Captain

So my GF just told me that she would rather Go out and have fun with her friends without me, instead of being with me. She just always seemed to have plans with her friends, and I would never see her. I guess if she wants that, I don't want her anyway.

She is 23, so i guess she still has that party bug, But I am a year younger and would not mind settling down, as far as not going out to the bar every night. I guess she is just not the one for me.

let her go out. and while she is out, pack up her crap and leave it at the door. it's good your mature enough to realize it's time to move on. good luck.

SuzukiChopper

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Don't even bother with seeing her every once in a while. Just cut her lose.

The company thing will easily work itself out, you'll enjoy not worrying about her and what she's doing. Your friends will be the saving grace for the company part. Go out, be you or FIND you (I did) and when everyone says the right one will just appear one day, they really aren't joking. It'll just happen.

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Bad idea !!!! Cut the ties and move on. The longer it goes on the worse it will be at the end.
I know that is not what you may want to hear right now but it is the reality.

Shizzy

Ensign

let it go.

I have had conversations many times with my Old lady. most times its one of us telling the other its fine to go hang with the ladies / fellas. a true friend / spouse will be 100% fine with you having a life of your own. I go fishing many times a week and she goes shopping when she wants and we are both fine with it.

here is how I see it. I like to go fishing, visit friends and drink a few beers once in a while. Im either sitting in my boat or sitting in my friends garage drinking beer telling stories. I figure she likes to go shopping or go out for a few margaritas and some cheese cake with the ladies. as soon as I get on her about it she is going to do the same.

jonesg

Admiral

So then she wasn't exactly stupid ?

seriously, heres a lesson for life.
Your a smart kid, but bear in mind the dumbest of the dumbest woman is a lot smarter than men are , thats why she's going out with her freinds.
She knows.:eek:

bowman316

Lieutenant Commander

But i Know I like her, But i just can't really say why i like her, i just do.

We don't have a whole lot in common thou.

Bass Man Bruce

Lieutenant

I just wanted to add that your girlfriend/spouse is supposed to be your best friend. Someone you'd love to spend time and do things with, someone you WANT to spend every waking moment with.

When you find your best friend, you've found them for life.

This says it all, no games, just trust and love.

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Lot of good solid advice given here so far. You don't seem to want to take any of it right now.
Shame !!!!
Hopefully we don't see a thread by you in the future called "You Told Me So"

SuzukiChopper

Senior Chief Petty Officer

But i Know I like her, But i just can't really say why i like her, i just do.

We don't have a whole lot in common thou.

That right there tells me you need to bolt. I had a relationship that lasted 10 years (high school relationship). I thought I knew I liked her, couldn't say exactly why and we had very little in common (opposites attract right? WRONG!). I finally kicked her out of the house we bought together and came to realize that the only thing I really liked about her was.... her performance in bed and her looks. If you can't pick a couple personality traits she has that draws her to you, she isn't right for you.

My new lady that just really quite suddenly showed up in my life (wasn't really looking), has made me realize how good of a decision I made with my ex. We both understand each other, help each other, and get along VERY well.

Like Kenny said, lots of great advice in this thread for you, but you are the one that has to take it.