Wise Boat seats experience?

retrosoul

Cadet
Does any one out there have any experience with Wise brand boat seats? Are they pretty good quality? Any ideas on how they are installed? There aren't any clear instructions online for how to install these from the ground up.

I am planning a restoration project and the customization possibilities of the Wise "Blast Off" series of seats in particular seem like a pricey, but easy and more luxurious route to take when it comes to seating. As opposed to wooden benches. I'm thinking two buckets in the front with the folding buddy seat in the middle and a nice wide bench in the back of my 16' tinny. That set up will sit 4 very comfortably but also, can cram six regular sized folks if need be in an island commute.

Any thoughts? Thanks,
Dave

chriscraft254

Commander
Re: Wise Boat seats experience?

Not experienced with the blast off series , but I can say the wise seats on my boat are fair, not the best just fair. The seat itself has lasted but the vinyl cushions they sent with them suck.

Redfred1

Chief Petty Officer

We just bought a '89 Bayliner Capri that needs a complete interior restoration. I pitched the fold out seats; then cut the top off those of the bases; leaving the raised boxes. Got some seats from this Forum (reasonable). I am going to make a cardboard pattern; then drill holes in a piece of plywood for the seat; then mount a pedestal. The pedestal base will be the right height on top of the box. Am thinking about adding two more bases further back on the box; making the seats portable. This used to be a ski rig; so I took the back side windows off. Its ski pulling days are over; am making a bay fishing boat.RF

retrosoul

Cadet

How about the Tempress bench seats her on iBoats? They are similar to the Wise bench seats but they boast better vinyl and are a little more expensive. Any thoughts on that?

I was considering simply building a plywood bench to mount the seats to but I am not sure how to go about doing that yet in my boat. Some contemplation is in order. :)

jimmy wise

Petty Officer 1st Class

I hope I don't get yelled at but all the seat companies have different grades. Wise is one of the lines I sell. By a good quality. Buy the iboats brand

retrosoul

Cadet

I hope I don't get yelled at but all the seat companies have different grades. Wise is one of the lines I sell. By a good quality. Buy the iboats brand

So.. Buy wise or don't buy wise? What is the iBoats brand?

Redfred1

Chief Petty Officer

Sorry Guys; couldn't finish my comment about Wise boat seat. I did some comparison shopping; hit Wally World; Academy; and several others. One of them had some Wise seats. It felt like I was sitting on my garage floor; hard; not firm. I flipped it over and it had very few staples; could have used some more. I'm sorry; but their QC guy missed this one. I do like the seats I bought at iBoats. RF

jimmy wise

Petty Officer 1st Class

Sorry the brand iboats sells. Support the site. Wise has high end stuff but not cheap

retrosoul

Cadet

iBoats carries both Wise and Tempress. I am getting the idea the Wise is not a good idea. From what I can find online some folks like the Wise seats but the one's who don't like them really hate them. So... i may look into the Tempress brand but they are not quite as customizable as Wise.

Wood, I'm afraid if I tried to build my own bench seat it would not turn out near as great as yours. I wish I was half as skilled as you are. lol I thought about just rebuilding the plywood bench seats that are in my boat and then just ordering a custom cushion but those are almost as expensive as buying the wise or tempress seats.