Wisconsin iboaters get together ??

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
Lots of members on here from WI, northern IL, and eastern MN.<br />Anyone interested in getting together for a day, or a weekend?<br /><br />I'm thinkin <br />June 10th ?<br />July 15th ?<br />Later ?<br />Or ?<br /><br />Somewhere centrally located between Wausau - Oshkosh - and Portage. Plenty of fishing and recreational waters to pick from, and plenty of campgrounds and hotels for those that wish to overnite it.<br /><br />Maybe Fox Lake near Beaver Dam<br />or Butte de Morts and Rainbow Park.<br />or Castle Rock, or Big Eau Pleine, <br /><br />Any interest or feedback?<br />I'll try to bump this up for a while.<br />If you all want to do a get together without me, just start your own thread, I'll get the hint. :)

heycods

Captain
Re: Wisconsin iboaters get together ??

You just wont to try out EEs new boat. ;)

sangerwaker

Commander

I'd be up for that, roscoe. I'm not familiar with any of the places you mention. I'll leave that up to the the folks more in the know, like yourself. The June 10th would work for me. Not sure on the July date yet. Depends on my tournament schedule. No date set yet for the Fergus tourney that I know will be in July. I'd probably camp overnight. Maybe even two.<br /><br />EDIT: roscoe, are you real familiar with the areas you mentioned? I'd really like to have a nearby lake that is unpopulated, or at least not a lot of boat traffic so I could maybe get some ski time in. :) <br /><br />Any other takers?

Skiuseme

Chief Petty Officer

Id be Up for it. I really like the Butte Des Morts Chain. Lots of sand bars to hit up and a few local eateries along the way. Coming from the west side of the state ill probly make it a weekend. as i do have family in neenah and appleton( if we decided thats where we want to go). I know forsure i cant make it on the 10 of june do to a wedding. but its not a real big deal if everyone can make it but me.

divo

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Count me in.

badandy

Seaman Apprentice

I may be able to attend depending on my work schedual. maybe I will have a boat by then

eeboater

Commander

Hey, count me in too. I was actually half-considering bringing up this subject myself since there seems to be a lot of people from this area. June 10th works for me... July 15th won't... I'm standing up in my Brother in law's wedding that weekend and I know I'd be neutered if I even suggested an idea that weekend.. :eek: <br /><br />Otherwise, my whole summer is WIIIIIDE open right now. If I'm not out hanging with you guys... I'll be out on my boat anyways!!<br /><br />Sean

gonfishn

Commander

Will go through that area the third week of June on my way to the homestead. Will have Mellowyellow in tow with me..<br /><br />If the dates are close I wouln't mind a couple of days with ya folks.

divo

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Don't forget about the folks in the U.P. der hey

bekosh

Lieutenant

I'm game!<br />
Originally posted by Skiuseme:<br /> Id be Up for it. I really like the Butte Des Morts Chain. Lots of sand bars to hit up and a few local eateries along the way.
What he said. I usually boat out of Fond du Lac and go up to the Oshkosh area. Lot's of lake to explore so bring plenty of fuel.

Pony

Rear Admiral

It depends on wether or not I can get off of work.........I would like to go though.<br /><br /><br />There are plenty of us from this area. :)

neumanns

Lieutenant Commander

It has potential....Maybe I bring the kids and camper. Maybe I show up alone

CalicoKid

Lieutenant Commander

I would like to be in on something like that but don't make any plans around me as June will not be good for me, later will better unless the Baja is sold already. My whole Summer is pretty unpredictable at this point. I'd like to keep my ear open though incase yall get something worked out maybe I can sneak off for a weekend??? Hey Pony, maybe you could pick me up on your way through? :D

KRS

Banned

Y'all just jealous of our West get together :)

wildbill59

Petty Officer 1st Class

Lake DuBay by Point is nice or Lake Arbutus by Black River Falls has great camping on the lake.Don't know about July 15th, could be the weekend for Fishing has no boundaries this year. Sounds like fun though, hope Jessica and EE can make it. Calico, you're right down the road from me, I'll even let you sit in the front of the boat on the way up there.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

ok, great response, woohoo !!<br /><br />First off, I really don't want to be the guy that "picks" the location.<br />I'm looking for input from you guys.<br />The places I usually go to are small or waaay out of the way.<br /><br />Lake Poygan is 10 miles long, and Butte de Morts is about 8, and the city of Winneconne sits right between them on the channel. Has a great city park and municipal launch. <br />I fish here every spring and there is plenty of water for everyone. Big boats and small boats can enjoy these waters.<br />At the other end of Butte de Morts is Rainbow park and the river flows thru Oshkosh. Either park would be great.<br />I really like this area but it adds 2 hours to the trip for guys coming from MN, and couldn't find any camping within 10 miles. Any of you guys know of camping in the area?<br /><br />Winnebago is 22 miles of open water and scares me with my little boat. (been out there when the storms hit).<br /><br />Big Eau Pleine and Lake Dubay are between Wausau and Stevens Point, each about 8-10 miles long, camping right there on the water and nice parks. About 3 hours from West Bend area, 2.5 hrs from Madison, 3 ? from the Twin Cities, and 2.5 from Green Bay. But no eateries or gas on the lake.<br /><br />heycods, yes- want to try out ee's castaway, I mean boat.<br /><br />YES, folks from the UP are welcome, as is anyone else that want to come. Can only think of one YUPER right now, PW that be you.<br /><br />gonfishn, what exactly do you mean by the "third week of june"?<br />Fathers day is the 18th, so trying to avoid that weekend as folks have plans.<br /><br />There is plenty of water in WI and I'm sure we can find a location, so lets concentrate on a date first.<br /><br />June 10th looks like the front runner right now, but lets consider a few more dates before we decide.<br /><br />June 10th<br />June 24th ?<br />July 22nd ?<br /><br />Would be nice to hear from Dman, Pointer, FSHKPR, SCOOP, WillyBWright, Barlow, Simple, and the rest of you guys. Willy, bring your tools. :) <br /><br />Any other lakes you guys want to suggest?

badandy

Seaman Apprentice

I am open except first 2 weeks of june especialy in Oshkosh area I pass rainbow park on my way home from work

sangerwaker

Commander

Other than tournaments, I haven't made any summer plans yet. I have tournaments June 17th, a weekend in July yet to be named, and August 5th. Other than those, I'm totally open.<br /><br />I'd prefer camping on or near the lake. Gas on the lake doesn't matter all that much to me. I usually pull my boat out every night anyway.

gonfishn

Commander

This might be a tough one for me...Normally it would be no problem but will be up North the last two weeks. This year I am going a little later.<br /><br />JB is going to the North Woods and we are going to try and fish a couple of days together. Neaumans,EuroLarva,MellowYellow,and a few other iboaters usually come up to<br /><br />Let me know the exact dates and maybe swing by before.<br /><br />Oh KRS..your way behind the times Spinner,myself and Noel had the first roundo ever on iboats. I still got the tee shirt..lol