Wiring help needed under helm of Tahoe with mercruiser 4.3

swiggins

Cadet
Please help. I have a 2006 tahoe 195 deck boat with the 4.3 L mercruiser i/O. The ignition switch was loose and it turned so much that all the wires were twisted up. Now it won't start, it won't even turn over at all. I only here a click near the fuse box under steering wheel. I pulled fuse box out (see pic) and the yellow/red wire is not connected at one end. This seems to be an ignition wire, so I assume this is my no start problem.
Where does this wire go?
Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• photo263820.png
    photo263820.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 2

Bt Doctur

Supreme Mariner
On the ign switch you have "B" battery usually a Red wire, a "I" ignition usually purple and "S" solenoid usually Yellow W/ red stripe

swiggins

Cadet
Thanks for looking. All wires on ignition are attached and correct. The wire in question comes out of the large bundle of wires into an inline fuse and then into nothing. The end is stripped like it was in a connector but I don't see any empty connectors. Is this supposed to go into the fuse box or maybe connect with the neutral sensor?

alldodge

Staff member
As BT mentioned, the Yellow/Red wire is the start circuit. This should come from the Key "S" post then to the neutral safety switch, then to the small post on the slave solenoid.

Put a meter on the wire and turn key over to Start position to see if their is 12V.

Start Circuit Merc.jpg

Also check if there is 12V on the Purple wire at the coil with the key in the ON position

Bt Doctur

Supreme Mariner
Yellow W/ red stripe goes to the ign switch and controls the slave solenoid and is never fused. The only other place it appears is for the neutral safety switch located in the control box. wires are yellow or yellow W/ red stripe So from the ign switch, thru the neutral safety, to the yellow W/ red stripe going to the slave solenoid