Wiring Diagram 350 Magnum

cjflanagan

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Engine S/N: OC527124<br />Transome S/N: OC700948<br />Drive S/N: OC751904<br />Engine: 350 Magnum<br /><br />New engine in. first time start... and no Power to Coil, have traced with Clymer book as best I can (crap book). I have seen some great PDF files on this site for other motors looking for similar effect. I have traced a testing path with Clymer from:<br /><br />Batttery Positive to <br />Starter Motor to <br />Circuit Breaker to <br />Starter Slave Solenoid to <br />Alternator to<br />Coil '+' and back out to #6 on the pigtail<br /><br />But from the other side of the pig tail back to the key switch is a mistery.

bomar76

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Wiring Diagram 350 Magnum

Not to state the obvious...but are you certain the kill lanyard is in?

Bt Doctur

Supreme Mariner

power to anything or just no ign.? missing/ left off ground cable?do gauges turn on with the key? motor crank over?jump the 2 heavy lugs on the slave .

cjflanagan

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Power to everything (but ignition), engine turns over, gauges work, need diagram please

Bt Doctur

Supreme Mariner

wiring of harness dosent match cannon plug on engine?.if it has an electric fuel pump you dont have power untill you have oil pressure.bypass pump to prime fuel system.

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

You have a purple wire that goes from the I terminal on the ignition switch all the way to the + terminal on the coil and a few other places.<br />Since your gauges work, the switch is ok, because the power to the instruments comes from that purple wire. <br />You need to go from the switch to the lanyard switch (if it has one) make sure you have power to the main round 10 pin plug on the engine and on to the engine harness.<br />You really need a manual, nothing online for an 89 engine, but you need Mercruiser manual number 15.<br /><br /> http://www.mercurymarine.com/order_a_mercruiser_manual

cjflanagan

Petty Officer 2nd Class

There's the money! Let me ask you how to get manual #15<br /><br />I followed the link, all I see is:<br />Inboard service manual <br />Engine service manual <br />Sterndrive service manual <br />Parts manual - Engine <br />Parts manual - Sterndrive <br />Remote control service manual <br />Hi-Performance boat operation manual <br /><br />no numbers, Which one is #15?

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

All you need is your serial number. When you type in your SN into the Engine service manual block, they will send you the manual for that particular SN. Which will be #15.<br />The actual part number for the manual is 90-816463.

cjflanagan

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Got it figured out! I now have power to my coil! Put my timing light on the coil wire leading to the distributor and shes just-a-flickerin while I crank the engine. Moved the timing light down to the plug wires, got spark! so now that problem is out of the way. Now I have a new one with the carb, will start new thread.