Wires to Bow of 97 Scout Sportfish?

tperk100

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Does anyone have any idea of how to run a wire to the bow of my 1997 Sportfish 192? I have searched and searched for a wiring tube, channel, run etc. I can find no way to get a wire to the bow!

Thanks

Home Cookin'

Fleet Admiral
Re: Wires to Bow of 97 Scout Sportfish?

A lot of boats don't have a tube or chase; they were wired and then filled with foam. Huge error but what did they care? If you can get to the original bow light wire and pull it through with new wire attached you may have some luck. But if it's foamed in, it won't likely move.
Alternative (on some boats) is under the deck to a locker, if the deck is removable, then through the locker to the bow area.

scoutabout

Lieutenant Commander

Do you have the integrated wiring harness and panel for a bow thruster up front? Mine is just to the right of the anchor locker. I'm thinking that harness has to be fed through some kind of conduit.

tperk100

Petty Officer 3rd Class

see next post

Last edited:

tperk100

Petty Officer 3rd Class

By a bow thruster, do you mean a prop or jet to move the bow side to side? This is a 19 ft flats boat. No such thing on a boat like this.

What I do have is a 24 volt trolling motor. The wires were run through a one inch drilled hole in the anchor locker, into the bilge, and back to the battery compartment. The wires are visible and accessible when I lift up the pivoting center console. They lay in the bilge and run beside the gas tank. I have tried, unsuccessfully and literally for hours, to get my electrician's fish tape through that anchor locker hole and back to the console area. I keep running into an obstruction.

Now get this....Whoever ran these wires was wise enough to also run and leave a nylon string with the wires. This string is visible and accessible from both the battery compartment and the center console area. However the string does not come through that hole in the anchor locker from the bilge AND when I pull on the string in the center console area, it will not pull back from the bow.....as if it is either secured or entangled.

This "simple" job has proved to be pretty frustrating. I may have to resort to disconnecting one of the trolling motor wires in the battery compartment and using it to pull new wires/ more string etc..... then I will have to pull that wire back again to the battery compartment.