Winter time

Therapydoc

Cadet
Unfortunately time has come in the Midwest and winterization it is. Worst day of the year. It's very sad for me

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Yeah I hear that but it's best not to push ones luck much into October in cold climates but on the bright side you only have 6 months of cold to sit out... :eek:

My MC is already fogged, drained and put to sleep for the winter but I have putting a new impeller in the LU before next season to look forward to. Oh yeah and I have an OB boat to start fishing for pre-spawn walleye in February. :D

bman440440

Petty Officer 1st Class
well I feel lucky... here in San Diego it dips down to a frosty 55 here and I get to fish year round!! :D

achris

More fish than mountain goat
Winter only means one thing for me.... MORE FISHING! :happy:

"winter" nighttime temperatures rarely drop below 40F. And the days are cool (about 65F) and still..... :)

My wife, however. Where she comes from, winter starts on 1 Sept, and finished on 31 May. :(

Cheers all. Sleep well (for the 'bears' amoungst us ;))

Chris......

Last edited:

thumpar

Admiral
I drained mine last weekend. It would be nice to get no freeze and I would fish but there is only one close lake that doesn't freeze and it is very spendy to stay there.

achris

More fish than mountain goat
I drained mine last weekend. It would be nice to get no freeze and I would fish but there is only one close lake that doesn't freeze and it is very spendy to stay there.

They charge you to stay at a lake???? :eek:

JASinIL2006

Vice Admiral
I got out last weekend and thought it would be the last outing, but here in Central Illinois, the forecast for next Sunday is sunny and 76 F (really warm for mid October), so I may try to get out once more...

Starcraft5834

Lieutenant Commander
Winter only means one thing for me.... MORE FISHING! :happy:

"winter" nighttime temperatures rarely drop below 40F. And the days are cool (about 65F) and still..... :)

My wife, however. Where she comes from, winter starts on 1 Sept, and finished on 31 May. :(

Cheers all. Sleep well (for the 'bears' amoungst us ;))

Chris......

sounds like your wife is from upstate New York Chris!! cheers

Bondo

Staff member
Ayuh,..... Only 1/2 a world away,..... :D

Here in far northern NYS,...
At 'bout 1/2 way 'tween the pole, 'n equator, the sun will rise,....... And fall in the South quite soon,.....

I pulled the houseboat a week ago Sunday,.....
Pulled the tinbarge last Sunday,... Drained, 'n Safe for now,....

Lack of water is the problem here,....
The Big lake, 'n river get really low this time of year,....
Deep quick launches in April through August are pools of mud right now,....
Drainnin' the block was slow, took quite abit of diggin' with my 3" deck screw to prod the silt outa the block drains,....
Hada waddle through a stretch of snot to get to the loadin' pool,....
Still got 4', droppin' fast to 8' off my dock,...
The boat launches just don't work so good anymore,...
"Good water" is 'bout 2', maybe 2, 1/2' higher,....

The stated regulation is supposed to be 2' above, or below the mean charted level,....
The tree huggers want that to be 4' above or below the 243' mean charted seal level of the lake,...

That's 'bout 2' above my patio,....