Winner Center Console

Status
Not open for further replies.

gizzy

Seaman
Re: Winner Center Console

Stu, I have a new rebuilt 150hp Evinrude with 2006 parts...Fast fast..Got to 60 and had to back off... I have a rear pic of my boat too. Thanks for the comment. That POLIGLOW I told you about is really something..Check out the web site poliglow.com

gizzy

Seaman

boat.jpg

studlymandingo

Commander

Looks just like mine from the rear. 60MPH? All I get out of my 150 is 44 on a good day.

gizzy

Seaman

It was bored out to 200hp and I mix oil with the gas directly. This picture doesn't show but I put new trim tabs on it that also made a big difference... I couldn't beleive the speed myself for seeming like a heavy boat. Do you have any idea how much it ways. Yours might way more with the "T" top you have. Was that on it when you bought it? Those are great when your out fishing... It's just great to know there's someone else out there who has a Winner...

sfarrugia

Cadet

Hi, How Did you post the photo's? I have a photo's of my winner and would like to post them. Can you help me?

Sam

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Sam you have to host them somewhere like photobucket.com, or you can upload to putfile.com or tinypic.com and then just get the url to the pic and come back here and paste it in between the [ img][ /img] tags without the spaces.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Yes he used photobucket.com by checking his pic.

studlymandingo

Commander

6ed97644.jpg

6ed97644.jpg

Attachments

• first boat photo copy.gif
    first boat photo copy.gif
    18.3 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

Ken Barber

Seaman

Finally, I got the time and a little courage to try to host these photos of my 89 Winner CC. It has a rare (seems to me) bracket for the engine. Yesterday, I spent all day taking all the stripes and decals off except the Winner name. After a wax, should look a lot better. Painting the engine cowl as well if we ever get some weather above 50 degrees here in MA

I love Winners....

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t186/macbarber/DCAO0008.jpg
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t186/macbarber/boat541.jpg
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t186/macbarber/boat540.jpg

studlymandingo

Commander

Nice Ken,

What do you know about this boat? It is laid out very much like mine with the exception of the way the outboard is set-up. I have a splashwell, and the motor is hung traditionally off of that. The set-back on your boat is awesome!! Gives you some extra room in the back of the boat as well. I'll bet she handles nicely!:)

Ken Barber

Seaman

Studly,

I believer this boat has always been in New England. I am the third, or maybe fourth owner. It has a full length seat that goes accross the two lower transom wells in the back, but I never put it in. 140 HP evinrude has had some work done, but not a total rebuild. Maybe has 600 hours on it. It runs fine usually, a little low in the idle. The bracket does open up the back. I have a racor water filter inside the transom, which is almost 10 inches of space with a center hatch. My single battery rides in the starboard transom hatch, just a cooler in the port hatch. Oil tank in the starboard lower transom hatch, unused live well setup in the port lower hatch.

I am trying to clean it up and took off most of the stripes and stuff. Have you every used this Poliglow that Gizzy spoke of? His boat looks great. As does yours. What is your favorite wax product/technique as that is my next chore. I want to get rid of the ghosting that you see where I removed the decals.

I envy your location. We are still so cold up here in MA that I canot spray the engine cowl. All my teak not attached to the boat is in the basement re-done, just waiting for a warmer day to attache the hull teak.

Pray for sun!

studlymandingo

Commander

I wash down the hull with an oxy-clean type product and a tile sponge. Gets all of the tree-stains and such out with no problem. I haven't tried the poli-glow.​

What size fuel tank do you have? I had an aluminum 68-gallon tank, started leaking and I just got a new 55-gallon Moeller belly tank. Lost 10+ gallon capacity, but I guess I gained more by being able to keep it in the tank, not in the hold:eek:

I've been looking at some motor setbacks and jack-plates to set my motor farther back from the transom. The boat is pretty deep and heavy; I would think kicking the motor back 10-12" would really make it handle better in the chop. What year is your boat?

Yea the weather is about perfect here right now. We had a dinner gathering Saturday night, and it was just perfect on the deck with the fireplace going!!! I'll be back on the water this week after the new tank goes in. I just installed a hydraulic steering system and I'm anxious to test it out!​

Ken Barber

Seaman

Studly,

My boat, motor and trailer are all 1989. My tank is original poly, holds 45 gallons. I had to drain it when I first got the boat because of water seaping in through the fuel fill (previous owner left it uncovered).

Hydraulic steering would be nice. What brand did you install?

I know from another post that Mailman has the same boat here in MA just an hour away. I gotta go see that one sometime this summer.

Ken

studlymandingo

Commander

The hydraulic steering I installed was a used unit I got off of e-bay. It is a Teleflex SeaStar Cylinder with a Hynautic helm pump. I had some lines made at a local machine shop. Everything went well with the install, It works on the trailer; hopefully I will have the new fuel tank installed and ready for the water test this weekend.​

gizzy

Seaman

Ken, so your boat is a 1989... And your motor is a 140 evinrude? m\My engine looks exactly like yours and it's a 1989 150 evinrude..That's odd. Anyhow I see they added on your transome. I bet it plans really quick. I put trim tabs and a new hydrofoil on mine and it made a big difference.My trims are Nautilis.com tabs...I had a heck of a time getting my bow down before. I know this is hard to beleive but I got 55mph flet out on my boat and I had to back off. I bet it'll see sixty. I know this might be hard to beleive..But this thing is really fast... The only thing that happens is when I idle. It seems to load up abit...Then I have to blow it out...Anyhow Stu is using Oxiclean? I know that stuff works good. But I have to admit that this poliglow is fantastic..I seen it on Ship Shape TV.. . and I checked the website to buy it..I'm really glad I did... Washing is a breeze. Just a quick once over after it's applied. And it lasts for a year cause it's not a wax...Also I did the inside the past month and blood and guts just rinse off... You guys ought to check this stuff out. It cost like around 70.00 delivered... Enjoy... Also I have 50 hours on my motor since it was rebuilt.

Ken Barber

Seaman

Gizzy,

This poliglow is intriquing. How hard was it to apply? How well did their cleaner work (I know if the spot is not removed, it stays under the coating) How many hours did it take you and did you need one full day in the sun to do it?

any info would be appreciated. I am trying to decide between compounding and wax or trying poliglow.

Thanks

Ken

Stumedic

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Ken, the boat looks sweet. I got rid of the seats and put a leaning post on in their place. I used the same mounts. Much more comfortable with the leaning post. If you want the leaning post doubles as seats anyway. Like Gizzy said the tabs are a must. Heavy boat for its size though. Mine has a 175 and it needs it. I just bought another boat. A 28' Lang. Another oddball. I've seen 4 of them, same year, and no 2 are alike, just like the Winners. Enjoy. Stu

Studley, I also have hydraulic steering. Can't see being without it. Big diff over cable. Stu

Status
Not open for further replies.