Senior Chief Petty Officer
Either of these 3 Synthetic Blends??
photo3.jpg

photo2.jpg

photo.jpg

VS

Quicksilver Brand Non Synthetic?
photo1.jpg

What should I go with? I bought the Quicksilver yesterday and was at Wally World and saw all of these synthetics, so i thought I'd ask.
Thanks

180shabah

Rear Admiral
Re: Will my engine know the difference??

3 lite-weight oils or the heavier blend recomended by the manufacturer - tough call :cool:

MTribe08

3 lite-weight oils or the heavier blend recomended by the manufacturer - tough call :cool:

I was more interested in the synthetic vs non synthetic opinions. I realize what is recommended.

littlebookworm

Chief Petty Officer

I remember reading on a number of sites that synthetic oil is not recommended for marine use. Of course, then there was the reader who posted that he has used synthetics since day one and finds them wonderful. My recommendation is that you use the quality, type, and blend recommended by the manufacturer for your engine. If you follow that advice and change your oil when called for, or sooner, you can't go wrong.

Juniinc

Petty Officer 1st Class

She will know the difference when U put RP in her:cool:

jtmarten

Master Chief Petty Officer

For six years I ran 10W-30 synthetic in my 454 jetboat after running dino during break-in. Never had an issue. Many engines will pick up a few RPMs when switching to synth.

tractoman

Petty Officer 1st Class

I pick the last one.

MTribe08

I remember reading on a number of sites that synthetic oil is not recommended for marine use.

Thats interesting..Mercury makes a synthetic blend 25w-40.
photo2-1.jpg

My recommendation is that you use the quality, type, and blend recommended by the manufacturer for your engine. If you follow that advice and change your oil when called for, or sooner, you can't go wrong.

Can't go wrong with that...I know that a marine environment is much more harsh than land, but I guess I was wondering if a "synthetic blend" is a synthetic blend, no matter if its for marine or auto. We all know that if they put a "marine" sticker on the label go ahead and jack up the price.:rolleyes:

MTribe08