Will changing from Hub kit II to Hub kit III fix the prop rattle?

Canufixit2

Petty Officer 3rd Class
60hp 2019 Merc 4S OB engine/ Props w/ hub II kit. Will changing from Hub kit II to Hub kit III fix the prop rattle? Though I read this somewhere ? Thanks

Canufixit2

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Ok, Called Mercury Marine customer service. .... My original prop had min if any prop rattle 14 x 13p Alu w/ Flow Torq II hub. I changed to a 14 x 11p Alu to adjust max RPMs still with the flo Torq Hubb II kit. - and chatter was getting bad. Accoring to mercury that DID cause the issue. Props for my app (Pontoon CT gear case) need Flow Torque III for under 13p. I ordered the flo torq III and will advise.

Canufixit2

Petty Officer 3rd Class
OK, FIXED ! Swapped out flo torq II for a flor Torq III - Fixed the issue. MUCH quieter shifting and when in gear at Min Throttle. Thanks All!

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner
Seems there are 3 options: Rubber pressed in (the hallmark of cushioned propellers......opinion), the sacrificial insert as I noticed in viewing Mercury hub-swappable props, and the Turning Point guaranteed for life, non sacrificial insert.

I never had a problem running rubber hubs over the years. On the 2002 I just purchased, I went with TP Alum for my own reasons and the matching hubs are guaranteed, not sacrificial, and have to be driven in...with a soft mallet.....good tight fit.

I don't want a sacrificial hub as it would be analogous to an old "drive pin" OMC used to use and was referred to as a "shear pin" rather than drive pin because every time you needed it, like fishing Rip-rap on the windward side (where the fish are feeding) you would hit something and loose your power when you needed it most. A rubber hub would just slip, re-engage with the throttle cut to idle and then back to where it was and you were safe.