why iboats is better then facebook....

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Cool shots ... That kind of stuff is cool to see. I actually lurk Pinterest a little bit for things like your bird pictures. Facebook just has too much "noise (see MT and Bruce's posts as an example)" cluttering it up.

And really I'm not that smug about it ... some people really do like it. Just not my bag.

Just have to adjust your filters so you don't see what you don't want to.

bonz_d

Vice Admiral
As you folks may have seen over the years, I really never have much to say. Wife spends as much time on FB as I do on here, craigslist, ebay and another boat forum.

Can't understand how some people become so attached to their cell phones. Over Easter we had the family in for dinner, about 35 people. 1/2hr before dinner all but about 5 people were all in chairs with their phones clued to their faces. So I picked up the TV remote and started going at it like I was texting. Got some really strange looks from some of the kids! I just shrugged my shoulders.

Birds, I've got 4 feeders out and have a pair of Cardinals visit everyday in the bush right outside the window were my computer is. This year I actually seen a Blue Jay for the 1st time since I can remember. Now if I can just keep the blackbirds out!

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Bird feeders? Yikes, can't have those around here, the darn bears love em!

bonz_d

Vice Admiral
No bears, just tree rats! Occasionally we get some flying squirrels.

drrpm

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Facebook has its uses. I generally limit giving friend status to people I actually know though exceptions may be made for friends of friends or professionals who post good videos. If I get a friend request with a picture indicating the requestor is a fellow whitewater paddler I'll accept that. Facebook is a good way to hook up for paddling trips and show off pictures and videos as well as having some good regional sites to buy and sell gear.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
The admiral has a FB page .... She spends more time on the phone ... :phone: The only time she spends on FB is when she has new pics of her dogs ... :dog:
btw the tree rats have been making my bird feeders their breakfast .lunch and diner stop pretty badly here lately ... gotta figure out how to slow em down ...

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
:
btw the tree rats have been making my bird feeders their breakfast .lunch and diner stop pretty badly here lately ... gotta figure out how to slow em down ...

.22 hollow points works real good, I have been shooting (grass rats) ground squirrels for a few weeks now.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Cool shots ... That kind of stuff is cool to see. I actually lurk Pinterest a little bit for things like your bird pictures. Facebook just has too much "noise (see MT and Bruce's posts as an example)" cluttering it up.

And really I'm not that smug about it ... some people really do like it. Just not my bag.

Thanks! Nat Geo outta be calling any day...Lol

Bird feeders? Yikes, can't have those around here, the darn bears love em!

Usually we have bear by now, every year. Not sure where he is. May got shot last bear season. Our feeders hang from the eaves and they can't reach them. I'm hoping he shows so I can get some pix......

Birds, I've got 4 feeders out and have a pair of Cardinals visit everyday in the bush right outside the window were my computer is. This year I actually seen a Blue Jay for the 1st time since I can remember. Now if I can just keep the blackbirds out!

Blue Jay? From today too....

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Cool bonz! A finch eater......

Last edited:

southkogs

Staff member
Thanks! Nat Geo outta be calling any day...Lol
Years ago I met one of their photographers who had won (IIRC) a Pulitzer ... he had taken the photo off balance while riding a bike with a disposable camera just 'cuz he thought it looked cool. When they processed it, it was gorgeous and it wound up in print.

You never really know how you'll pull the "great ones" off. ;)

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Speaking of Finch's do these look like baby ones ? idk

And can they fly right out of the nest ?

mxcobra

Chief Petty Officer
after the fires threre was a migratory shift, We get theese Hawks over the house by the thousands twice a year, once in the spring then agian in the fall, Prroblem is they like to go after the pets for food, tiny dogs and chickens.

Last edited:

mxcobra

Chief Petty Officer
back to the facebook topic though I really like not having the facebook, Becouse it was consuming my time , and it loads all your personal information for anyone in the world to get....

WIMUSKY

Staff member
back to the facebook topic though I really like not having the facebook, Becouse it was consuming my time , and it loads all your personal information for anyone in the world to get....

Including future employers.........

But at the same time, I find it fun to share things that I'm interested in. There's always people out there that find it interesting too, or share the same interests...... Which can bond you with people you've never met. Just like what happens on iboats.......

Last edited:

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
and it loads all your personal information for anyone in the world to get....
Only if you don't take the 2 minutes to set it up properly.

I only share with friends and I don't put my phone number or birth year up on it.

Last edited:

bonz_d

Vice Admiral
So then, again I don't have a Facebook, Twitter or cell phone. Am I antisocial?