Why do I see more Chris Craft's Every Year

Robertpel9

Petty Officer 1st Class
I have had two myself and currently have a 1999 230 Sport Deck but here on Lake Norman (Very large lake just north of Charlotte NC) I see more and more Chris Crafts from say 1995-2001 model years. This weekend it was literally about a quarter of the boats I saw

My boat seems very well made and I know the brand is well known and had its ups and down for quality but i am just wondering why when i thought they were not huge sellers in the late 90's I am seeing more and more of them in great shape out on the lake

Any ideas??

airdvr1227

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Why do I see more Chris Craft's Every Year

I can only hope that it was because they built a quality boat :p

seabob4

Lieutenant Commander

I worked at Wellcraft from '94-'00, just a mile up old 301 from the CC plant. Many of my friends worked for CC, and, yes, it was an excellent quality boat...just looked like all the others at that time...:confused:

cougar1985

Lieutenant Junior Grade

go check out a old wood c.c ,now theres a boat!

pmillar

Petty Officer 1st Class

You probably have (or had) a good CC dealer in the area.

xxxflhrci

Chief Petty Officer

You probably have (or had) a good CC dealer in the area.

Yep, that has a lot to do with it. In my area, a lot of the older boats you see are usually brands of a couple of now out of business dealerships. Most of the newer boats are usually brands of the one only remaining dealership sells.

JoLin

Vice Admiral

The more, the merrier! :)

Yeah, they had their ups and downs, but I can vouch for the quality of mine. Materials and construction are both top-notch. Some very weird and aggravating design decisions, tho. But I guess that's true of all of them.