Whos taking on the memorial day madness?

Whos taking on the memorial day madness?

• Im going before the rush

Votes: 43 27.6%
  • yes, im going in the middle of the madness

Votes: 67 42.9%
  • No, im sitting this crazy weekend out.

Votes: 53 34.0%

• Total voters

BuckyBadger

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Whos taking on the memorial day madness?

We will be out this weekend. Have a wet slip so we miss all the fun at the ramp.

I have two girls 4 & 6 and they are all about just getting to the sand bar and playing. The boat is just a way to get to a sand bar for them and when I try to take a little cruise it is just like taking a family road trip - are we there yet...are we there yet...how bout now.....are we there yet............:rolleyes:

We get out out somewhat early and stay in one spot and enjoy the day.

gonefishie

Commander

Not me dude! I'll be sitting at home recovering from the Indy 500 in field party.

brick75

Petty Officer 1st Class

Although I hate crowds, I may not be able to resist. FINALLY got the title for my new boat from the seller and the weather appears to be getting better. Bring on the sun.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

We're going out (assuming I get my trailer squared away this week) but we won't be effected by the madness. We'll be going to a large lake that has fairly limited access considering its size and using a crappy little ramp that is rarely used. The only madness will be if all my cousins and their families are at my uncle's cabin where we're going.

Home Cookin'

Fleet Admiral

whenever I can get away from the yard work--no ramp and lots of room here; most boaters are boaters, not crazies; easy to avoid the party scene if there is one.

dingbat

Supreme Mariner

I'm fortunte enough to have a job where I make my own schedule. I don't boat on weekends let alone holiday weekends. :D

MTribe08

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Going to Lake Havasu on Monday:eek::eek: Not sure if i'm taking the boat though..will probably enjoy the scenery from London Bridge:D:D Will report back with some pics;)

JimS123

Fleet Admiral

The holiday weekend is when all the newbies take out their boat for the first time, and when all the others try to get theirs running at the ramp because they didn't charge the battery and didn't use StaBil last fall.

Thanks, but no thanks.

We have been out twice this week already, and will go back out next Tuesday. In the meantime, we'll be at our mountain cabin enjoying family and complete solitude.

25thmustang

Lieutenant Commander

Putting mine in for the first time on Saturday, so long as everything else gets done prior...

Right in the middle of the rush, and if all goes well, a smile from ear to ear!!!

25thmustang

Lieutenant Commander

JimS, I laugh that your post is right before mine. I guess I fit the stereotype, other than the fact I will be launching on a rail car, and docked at a private dock testing and checking all my systems.

indy440

Chief Petty Officer

Yes I will be up on the lake all weekend. Renting a house in saratoga NY so I will be up there early friday moring with the jetski and the boat. Hoping for awesome weather.

HEY HEY, a local. Saratoga lake must be CRAZY for the holiday weekend. I stay away from there at all costs. Sacandaga is much nicer and bigger and the water is cleaner.

We're heading to Otsego lake, even on holiday weekends its fairly quiet there. Probably has something to do with there being only one boat launch on that whole lake and its not a very good one at that!

It has something to do with the town of Cooperstown not wanting other launches on the lake? I'm not too familiar with the politics of it.

Burtonair01

Petty Officer 2nd Class

We are taking it on, going on Thursday and coming home on Monday but slipping the boat for a week after to get some trailer work done. Can't wait, it's been a long winter.

nlain

Commander

I'm just glad I have my boat ramp right out the back gate, I may still have to put up with crazy peeps on the water but I can get in and out without a hassle.

mjgates

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Not to be mean or political but, I will be observing the Holiday in the way it was meant to be observed, honoring our young, brave men and women that sacrificed everything so we have the freedom to celebrate anything.

Not too political at all. We are having a service at our campground, all permanent campers, to honor our fallen troops. I will also be flying the flag on our place at half staff until noon, as are most of the campers. I will also be teaching my son (6) the meaning of the holiday and the respect our troops have earned with their service.

AZBoatDreamer

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Going to Lake Havasu on Monday:eek::eek: Not sure if i'm taking the boat though..will probably enjoy the scenery from London Bridge:D:D Will report back with some pics;)

Please Explain. I might have to take a Trip to Havasu.

pinbodean

Seaman Apprentice

I'll be right there just like OldePharte in the middle of the craziest lake in the U.S., Lake of the Ozarks. You really have to be on your toes on these big weekends. My 28' Regal can be marginal at times. I've seen over 6' swells.

OPharte, it sounds like you're right around the corner from Ozark BBQ. I have friends down Frankie and Louie's cove. I'm on the 3 mm by Village Marina. (Glad I don't have to mess with a Ramp).

Bodean

NYBo

Admiral

Not to be mean or political but, I will be observing the Holiday in the way it was meant to be observed, honoring our young, brave men and women that sacrificed everything so we have the freedom to celebrate anything.
Thanks for the somber reminder, Bubba. As the saying goes, "Freedom isn't free."

redone4x4

Lieutenant Commander

Thanks for the somber reminder, Bubba. As the saying goes, "Freedom isn't free."

I agree. I shoulda stated that we do honor the holiday. My girflriend served her time in the AF and suffers from an on-duty disability. I know some of you had it worse or know someone who has, so i was just mentioning it. You must pay respects before heading out and having fun! thats how we look at it. ;)

archangelnot

Seaman Apprentice

I'm stuck going to a wedding this weekend, so due to a flight to LA/California, no boat... bummer... (although, I don't think I'll be missing much since the forecast here is for rain all weekend... )

Thad

Lieutenant Junior Grade

... (although, I don't think I'll be missing much since the forecast here is for rain all weekend... )

I thought that was the normal forecast for pretty much the whole year:rolleyes:
At least it was when I was there:(