Who wants a 1992 Procraft 180 Fish & Ski Combo?

trenchdog

Cadet
I hate to say this but I need to let her go. This boat was in my family since its birth. She has a strong 115hp Merc, a solid trailer, and a 45lb thrust trolling motor that works great. The only problem is that I have discovered that the floor is rotten in some places. The problem with that is you have to take the top cap off to replace it. I assume that some new foam and stringers would be in order. On the bright side the transom is not rotten. I do not have the talent, time, space, or help to get any farther into this project. I am looking to cut my loses and give her up to someone who is interested in restoring this great boat. My family and I have loved it. So many fishing and swimming trips on it. I can email you some pics and give you my contact info, just send me a private message on here if that is possible. You can also leave an email and I will get back to you and give you all the details you would like. Thanks so much.

jbcurt00

Staff member
Trenchdog, you might read thru this thread:
Paid For-Sale iboat ads in the Forum.......

Unless you have a paid ad in the Iboats classifieds for your boat, its against the forum rules we all agreed to when we joined to list your own boat for sale in the forums

Isn't this the same procraft you posted questions asking about the soft spots on the deck back in 2010?

Teamster

Lieutenant Commander
He says he wants to give it away,.......

Is that different then selling????

Mostly just curious,.......

jbcurt00

Staff member
He says he wants to give it away,.......

Is that different then selling????

Mostly just curious,.......

Hmmm, I didn't read 'cut my losses & give her up' as free for the taking.

If so, I apologize to Trenchdog, ask where this free rig might be located, as your profile doesn't list a city or state, and whether you have title & registration for it.

trenchdog

Cadet
My apologies if I was in the wrong posting this. We all know that no one read the entire rules list. lol. I also purposefully leave some info like that off of things on the internet. In todays world you can't be too careful. You can remove this post if you need to. I have posted an add on craigslist in the North Chicago suburbs. To answer your question yes this is the same boat from 2010 but I replaced those areas but it seems I didn't catch the cancer fast enough and it has spread.

jbcurt00

Staff member
To answer your question yes this is the same boat from 2010 but I replaced those areas but it seems I didn't catch the cancer fast enough and it has spread.
The cancer returning is why it's hardly ever a good idea to cut out & patch back areas that are soft on a deck. I suspect the damage was much worse then you thought at the time & it was never really resolved.....

Hope you enjoyed it while you could and it doesn't keep you from shopping for a different boat. Should at least have been a learning experience so you'll be a more informed shopper next time........