Who makes the best Mercury Manuals??

tracterman2

Cadet
Need a manual and wanted to get the best one out there...who makes the best one?? I like pictures and LOTS of information...all opinions welcome! :D

j442w30

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Who makes the best Mercury Manuals??

There is no manual like a Mercury manual. Aftermarket types like Clymers and Seloc cover way too many models and have been known to have incorrect information or simple leave it out. Check out Ebay or head down to a dealer and pick one up, you will not be sorry.

gss036

Commander

Mercury OEM, don't waste your money on the generics. Get the manual for your specific engine.

pman7

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I didn't know Mercury made a manual for my specific motor?

I have a 71 Merc500. My Merc manual covers many different models of motors between 1966 and 1974 I believe. I would certainly buy a specific manual if it existed.

hkeiner

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I have the Mercury, Selcoc, and Clymer manuals for my motor. This may seem excessive, but I found that while the Mercury manual is the best, the Seloc and Clymer also can be very helpful. Sometimes the Seloc and Clymer have additional pics, text, and tips that are not in the Mercury manual. This can be very usefull to the less experienced or less knowledgeable boat owner (like myself). I usually read all three manuals' descriptions of a particular new task or repair to have the best chance that I fully understand it. Of course, your results may vary...