Who is on this board?

MajBach

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Who is on this board?

Actually, this thread has spawned a bit of curiosity. Why not put is to a poll? Age, gender boat size and area?

Throbbin Rods

Petty Officer 1st Class

I am a male, age 49, with a Starcraft Islander 190V with 115HP Merc(God I hate that motor!) which should run about 42 if the moptotr ever runs correctly. I have a 14 ft aluminum mirrocraft all camo'd up for duck hunting with a 15HP Johnson on it and that will do about 21 with me and my dog in it.

Link

Rear Admiral

51 years (that I know of, on this earth)<br />14 foot CC Almar "Lite" sled / 90HP Merc with a Jet bolted on the bottom. WHAT A DOG! when it comes to Top end speed! But will be working with you guys in the Project Boat section later this year to correct that :) <br />Love watching the pretty speed boats though. Esp the ones with the big open V8's, chromed headers etc etc And the ones I've seen around here the guys take care of their equipment as I do. Nothing finer than to sit and watch them throwing 100 foot roster tails VrrrROOOOOM! :D

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

speeders need not worry about the USCG re: power.<br />each state has own laws, so check local laws and<br />ask insurance company policies re: coverage.<br />the problem with speed arrises because anybody<br />can walk in and buy a speedboat regardless of<br />past experience. no test or lic. required.<br />don't even need common sense, just some $.

1986mariner150

Petty Officer 2nd Class

My name is Don: I am a boataholic. My current boats are 1996 Ragin Cajun 171, it is a 17 ft bass boat with a 130 Johnson runs out at 55mph.<br />Next is a 1986 Charger 180v Foxfire with a 1986 Mariner 150, this one goes 67 mph. 1996 Sprint 277 Pro Tournament with a 1996 150 Fast Strike Johnson that will push past 70 on the boat speedo but I have yet to verify it via GPS. Then there is the flat bottom with the 15 Mercury that gets me in those small lakes and swamps that don't have ramps, this one tops out at 22mph. Then there is the 27 foot cabin cruiser project that I need to put a transom and floor in, waiting on motivation to kick in on that one, I got the motor and outdrive out then the fish starting biting. There are few more junk boats that are not worth mentioning in the mix as well.

Northern Eclipse

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I'm 39 been boating my entire life, Have had my own boat from about 14 that was a 15.5ft chrysler with a 75hp o/b, next boat was a 17ft Baja Sport with 140hp Merc i/o, current boat is a Wellcraft 196 Eclipse with a 350magnum mercrusier, Gil thru-hull exhaust, Edelbrock intake and Carb (to be installed this week), this boat runs around 60mph and is loud, But I do boat using my brain and not my ego or booze, My 2 daughters and wife are also on-board almost always, they love it as much as I do..this is a family sport for us and I have never had any issues with police or coast guard, we generally receive compliments towards the appearance of our boat, and also the way I operate it, as well how our girls know when they get out of the truck at the ramp, life jackets go on and they remain seated in the boat when underway, we tube we ski,cruise go to the beach we just have fun and respect other peoples fun also..........the waterways belong to all that want to enjoy them, that includes sportboats, sailers, paddlers, fishers. <br /><br /> Happy boating to all that do.<br /><br /> Chris.