which boat. want too pick your brains

harleymike

Seaman Apprentice
Ok was going too repower my existing boat. Have now decided too buy new.
But alot of choices. Want too know if anyone has any experience or comments on these boats.
Looking at polar kraft kodiac 178, also looking at the tracker v 170 or a lund 18 foot explorer sport. I know lund is good, but price is very high.
Any thaoughts or suggestions appreciated.
I'm in southern ontario, and fish norhtern ontario, and go too florida for bass every winter.
thanks for the help
mike

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner
Re: which boat. want too pick your brains

Not a fan of anything Tracker. The Polar Kraft looks nice. Lunds always nice. Lots of boats in that category. Starcraft, Sylvan, Crestliner, Smokercraft, Princecraft. No idea how I'd chose! What's your existing boat?

Have you looked at Legends? They are made in Canada and seem reasonably priced.

AlmostFamous

Seaman

Not a fan of anything Tracker. The Polar Kraft looks nice. Lunds always nice. Lots of boats in that category. Starcraft, Sylvan, Crestliner, Smokercraft, Princecraft. No idea how I'd chose! What's your existing boat?

Ezmobee, can you expand on why you don't like Tracker? I've heard others share your feelings about that brand. I am also looking at a Tracker. This is as much for my info as the OPs.

JimS123

Fleet Admiral

Legend's hulls are made in the US by Starcraft. They are of the same thickness and quality, but are actually priced lower (in CDN $) that a Starcraft in the US. I almost bought one just over the border, but ended up ordering my Starcraft anyway (liked the white color better....LOL).

A Legend would be my choice - very nice fit and finish and nice package deals.

harleymike

Seaman Apprentice

leaning towards lund explorer with 125hp