Where is the serial number located?

Blogwall

Cadet
Nobody replied to my last thread looking for info so I guess I'll try one question at a time...............

Where is the serial number located please?
Engine is a 7.5HP mercury,
Thanks.

saumon

Lieutenant
Re: Where is the serial number located?

1- sticker on the right side (when viewed from behind) of the transom bracket
2- a quarter sized round silver plug embedded into the block

Laddies

Banned

There is a pad cast on the starboard side of the powerhead with the serial # stamped into it

Blogwall

Cadet

Thanks for the replies, I'll check that out at the weekend......

Q2: Should there be a thermostat in the housing on the top of the powerhead? There's none in it right now.

Laddies

Banned

The 7.5 and 9.8 engine only had thermostats for a couple of years and they were discontinued. The earlier and later engine did not have them, the engines that did have them, were on the exhaust plate.

Blogwall

Cadet

Thanks for that.
The serial number is 9116776, what year is that, and does that mean it should or shouldn't have a thermostat in the little housing on the exhaust plate?

Q3: What is the correct part number for the impeller for this model? There are two different sizes, yeah?

Blogwall

Cadet

Laddies, I really appreciate your input on this, but this is where it gets a bit strange.

The exhaust plate on mine is different to the one in the link. Mine seems to have a different bolt pattern and has a housing for a thermostat at the top. Mine also has an AC winding on the stator, together with a rectifier and bolt holes on the powerhead for a starter motor. It doesn't have any starter or ring gear on the flywheel though?:confused: