Where is the outrage??

boatingfool

Chief Petty Officer
Brown made the statement during a Wednesday briefing on Haiti <br /><br /> She said Republican leaders were "racist" in their policies toward the Caribbean nation, which is almost entirely black, and called the president's representatives "a bunch of white men." <br /> <br /><br />After the dressing down, which sent a hush over the hour-long meeting, Noriega responded that he would relay her comments to Secretary of State Colin Powell (search) and National Security Adviser Condoleezza Rice (search), both high-level African-American members of the Bush administration. <br /> <br />Participants in the meeting said Noriega later told Brown: "As a Mexican-American, I deeply resent being called a racist and branded a white man." <br /> <br /> Noriega also pointed to Rep. Lincoln Diaz-Balart (search), a Republican member of the delegation who was born in Cuba, and asked whether he appeared to be a white man <br /> Brown's response, according to witnesses, was: "You all look alike to me." <br />"To sit there and browbeat this man who is a Mexican-American and call him names, it was inappropriate," Foley said. <br /><br />
Some people of color find it O.K. to make the comments that she made while at the same time demanding whites loose their jobs for making the same comments in reverse.<br /> It is the pinacle of hypocracy.<br /><br />I cant even begin to imagine a caucasion person in office make those comments and keep their job.

jtexas

Fleet Admiral
Re: Where is the outrage??

Brown's behavior was outrageous on it's face; any expression of outrage would be redundant. Better to pity the fools who did not learn better from the years of civil rights struggle. Besides, people of no color have learned that any comment about racism tends to backfire.

gaugeguy

Captain

Just another case of the brothers trying to keep the man down ;)

boatingfool

Chief Petty Officer

jtexas, Exactly my point.<br /><br />It is PC incorrect for a white person to even remotely make a comment that could be twisted or construed in any possible way to be racist. But people of color can hold no bones about it and come right out with racist statements but everyone is afraid to call them on it. <br /><br />Disgusting in my opinion.

boatingfool

Chief Petty Officer

carphunter,<br /><br />According to Noriega, he resented being BRANDED a white man.<br /><br />Brown also apologized later to him for insulting him by calling him white.

Fly Rod

Commander

How about that Sharpton fella!!!<br />First he is aganist us sending troops to Irag<br />Now he wants troops sent to Haiti !!!<br /><br />Where's "John Kerry" when ya need him !!!

boatingfool

Chief Petty Officer

Kerry is busy stuyding the latest polls so he can decide his position on the issues.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

I think I might have been a HONKEY at one time. :p

boatingfool

Chief Petty Officer

Yup,<br /><br />You use to be but now you are a cracker.

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

The politically correct crowd won't admit it but she is a racist. Using race to forward her career. Prostituting the values of MLK to make the news.<br /><br />I call a spade a spade.<br /><br />The woman is a disgrace... :mad:

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

Careful, pointer, the PC police might be lurking... :cool: just act normal...

JoeW

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I call a spade a spade.<br /><br />The woman is a disgrace...
I second that emotion! There is no more room in this country for this kind of BS, not from any race. Personally, I'm sick of the double standard around this topic. The woman is a racist, pure and simple. <br /><br />By the way, I hear the PC term for my race is "person of palor". Not sure if I like that one either. I think I'll stick with "white".<br /><br />Favorite bumper sticker: "Axe me about Ebonics!"

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

When we all get back to being just American, we will all be better off. The only reason that color should EVER come up is for use as an identifier in the search for a criminal.<br /><br />The Democratic Leadership consistantly tries to Balkanize this country by accentuating the color difference, using that to divide and seperate us for their own power gain.

Originally posted by gaugeguy:<br />Just another case of the brothers trying to keep the man down ;)
LOL, good one Gauge!<br /><br />Let there be NO mistake ... whites are now squarely in the minority, they have no voice and they are constantly scrutinized and castigated for any alleged inappropriate behavior regardless of their actual actions and or intent<br /><br />At least whites still run the free world, still have THAT anyway!!!

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

Originally posted by joew94th:<br /> "person of palor" ...<br /><br />Favorite bumper sticker: "Axe me about Ebonics!"
Person of palor - i love it! You hear about the "Miss Ebonics America" pagaent? It was cancelled when the contestant from Idaho refused to participate.