Where do you store your boat and how much is it?

Where do you store your boat and how much is it?

• At home.

Votes: 69 87.3%
  • At a marina.

Votes: 10 12.7%
  • I live on my boat...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

JaSla74

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Where do you store your boat and how much is it?

85 bucks a month, plus my utility trailer

woodee148

Petty Officer 2nd Class

at the marina -
In the slip for April thru to October than outdoor storage for the remaining winter months.
$2,200.00 for the year and they work with me so I can get the boat out in Dec/Jan when we go to Florida

204 Escape

Ensign

It's gonna cost me a garage in the spring !!!!!! (But worth it) ;)

jasona

Seaman Apprentice

father in-law's garage. 30 pack of pabst per month :D

nitsuj

Chief Petty Officer

During the season, either in my yard or my parents driveway. In the winter, I've always stored in an old mine near by. Works out to be about $120 for 6 months. Mine storage is nice. Always the same temp, always low humidity. I bring it in, they put some plastic on it, and back it into a room. And it sits. Fireproof, theft proof, they keep rodents out. Comes out fresh as a daisy in the spring.

Only trouble is, I can't get to it to work on over the winter. I might try to make different arrangements this winter. I have a few things I'd like to do to it for next year.

luckystriker

Cadet

Note that I live on Sweden, Stockholm, by the sea. I will store the boat at the Marina (one of the islands off the mainland). The yearly cost includes the dock(Outdoor), during summer time, and a warm boat house(indoors) during winter, the price also includes removing the boat and putting in back when the warm weather returns. On removing the boat, the exterior is professionally cleaned. All this for $500 a year. I live 20 mins drive and including a car ferry, to the marina.

drrpm

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Boat storage shed near the lake. $450/yr

m6305

Recruit

You guys are lucky !

I do not have a boat yet. I was aiming at a boat 24 ft as a starter then go to a bigger boat (above 30). Boy I was shocked when I heard the costs of Marinas along the coast of Kuwait. It depends on the marina, the one near me is the most expensive. If I want to store my boat (20-27 ft) on land in the marina it costs about 1400$ a year, but since most marinas in Kuwait are full some people are willing to sell their membership for up to 20,000$ on dry land in the marina. In the marina (on water) for a 27 footer it costs about 60,000$ + 2000$ yearly membership fee. If you have anything above 36, then you pay about 350,000 $ !!! this is insane. Its enough to put me off boating :(

I had high hopes. Now I can only get a small boat (20-22 ft) so that I can store at home.

thanks
Bahman

reel dizzy

Recruit

self storage under cover. $75.00/month.

PitchFork

Petty Officer 1st Class

In the garage during the season (March - Nov) and then at work out in the fenced security camera yard. I cover it with a boat cover from Wal-Mart $100 and I will throw a tarp over the top of the tower and bungee it down to the trailer.

Plasma George

Petty Officer 2nd Class

In the garage during the season (March - Nov) and then at work out in the fenced security camera yard. I cover it with a boat cover from Wal-Mart $100 and I will throw a tarp over the top of the tower and bungee it down to the trailer.
Is there an issue with covering the boat in the winter with the snow accumulating ?
i have a bowrider, and have a vertical support (2x4) for the bow to prevent any low spots....then I just strap it to the trailer.

Summer Fun

Banned

At the marina for $260 for the winter season Oct 15th to April 15th. :)

I live near the coast so mine stays in the driveway from March through Oct. I have a cover that I keep on it most of the time, even if it's only for a week. I keep it in the back yard during the winter months.