When to unwrap???

PeteyDaMan

Seaman
The weather here in NY is starting to get nice (well, maybe nicer??). My boat is behind my garage still in her shrink wrap cocoon and it's killing me. On one hand I'm dying to start getting her ready for the season, but on the other hand I'm worried about the freak snow storm we sometimes get here in NY. When do you all unwrap your boats for the season? Am I just being paranoid??

ryanr623

Chief Petty Officer
Re: When to unwrap???

The weather here in NY is starting to get nice (well, maybe nicer??). My boat is behind my garage still in her shrink wrap cocoon and it's killing me. On one hand I'm dying to start getting her ready for the season, but on the other hand I'm worried about the freak snow storm we sometimes get here in NY. When do you all unwrap your boats for the season? Am I just being paranoid??

I'd just leave it covered.... but don't you have a regular canvas cover?

PeteyDaMan

Seaman

no full canvas cover, only the mooring cover. I've thought about getting a full cover for trailering, but never took the plunge. Now may be a good time to get a good cover.

Andy'sDelight

Petty Officer 1st Class

I live in NJ, I'm unwrapping this weekend. Drive by a boat dealership and take a look at all the uncovered brand new boats. One or two freak early spring snow storms is not going to kill your boat.