What's It Worth

ryanlane55

Cadet
Saw a local add yesterday on a boat/motor/trailer. Seemed like a great deal to me you'alls thoughts.

1994 Dynatrack Bass boat that is pretty rough.
1994 Yamaha 200 HP PROv.
Trailer in good shape.

$3700 that is negotiable. I figured the motor along is worth 4 or more. Says motor is in really good shape.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner
Re: What's It Worth

I wouldn't agree that a '94 motor is worth $4k. The boat probably doesn't add much value. How's the trailer? If the trailer is nice, $3k could be a decent deal.

ryanlane55

Cadet

double axel trailer is in good shape. I have a guy that does really good work and very reasonable, so I like to get motors on the cheap and have him go through them and resale. I usually mess with the 25 hp motors and below, so seeing this bigger motor that sounded like a good deal to me, but I don't necessarily know a good deal when it comes to these bigger motors.
Trailer is good shape, boat is basically trash IMO, and motor is good shape. Probably not worth it in order for make a few bucks on the thing.

Thank You for the Response

bonz_d

Vice Admiral

I wouldn't agree that a '94 motor is worth $4k. The boat probably doesn't add much value. How's the trailer? If the trailer is nice, $3k could be a decent deal.

Doubt it if only looking for a flip. Around this area, trailer $500.00 max, boat $0, engine maybe $2000.00, misc stuff ?

1994 YAMAHA 200

Overall, I would say it's not a deal:

1994 Dynatrack Bass boat that is pretty rough. To me this means work...transom, stringers, paint...
1994 Yamaha 200 HP PROv. The one on CL - about $2300, still it's an 18 year old motor. I have also seen that year for upwards of $4000.
Trailer in good shape. You might have a few hundred there.

whofan

Petty Officer 1st Class

If boat and motor are original mates 94 and 94, one is trashed and one is in good shape?

something doesn`t add up. I would assume the best part is only as good as the worse part.

Offer him $1200 for it or walk away.

You will have a disposal fee for the boat so it`s value is really a minus less than $0.