fishing

fishing
sex
boating

There, time is all filled up :D

pecheux

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: what's a good hobby?

During a chat with my boss the other day, the boss tells me I work too hard - I need a hobby. I'm not sure I necessarily agree, but it got me to thinking: what the heck kind of hobby would I take up?! :confused:

I'm about 40, happily married with a couple kids in elementary/middle school. I work a lot, travel a bit (50k miles/year on a plane), run the kids around when I'm able to help, and now we have the boat.

What do the rest of you do for hobbies???

Been there ... done that ... you dont have time for another hobby ... you just need more time off work to enjoy it all ...

Had a 37 hours/week job but ended up working 45 to 50 hours/week. More pay means more taxes ... so I made arrangements to take time off for compensation ... which game me more time for boat and fishing with family, motorcycle, golf ... ect.

After starting that routine I never looked back. .. Hope it may work for you.

Cheers

strokeoluck

Petty Officer 1st Class

Had a 37 hours/week job but ended up working 45 to 50 hours/week.

I would love it if I only worked 45-50 hours per week! ;) I love my job so I generally don't mind the hours. Travel gets a little heavy several months of the year but overall I love it. After reading all your posts I don't feel like I'm necessarily missing out on some huge "hobby deal". I think I now realize that many of you are in the same boat (pun intended)...life is good, job is good, time spent with family is good and you spend your other time enjoying the little things: boating, fishing, puttering around on the workbench, playing with the kids, etc. I was just outside for quite a while tonight w/the kids and the neighbor (having a few beers of course); just enjoying the summer night, tossing the lacrosse ball around w/my son and so on. I guess I shouldn't make life any more complicated than it needs to be! :)

When the kids get tired of hanging around with us maybe I'll get a little more serious about seeking out a real hobby.

pecheux

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I would love it if I only worked 45-50 hours per week! ;) I love my job so I generally don't mind the hours. Travel gets a little heavy several months of the year but overall I love it. After reading all your posts I don't feel like I'm necessarily missing out on some huge "hobby deal". I think I now realize that many of you are in the same boat (pun intended)...life is good, job is good, time spent with family is good and you spend your other time enjoying the little things: boating, fishing, puttering around on the workbench, playing with the kids, etc. I was just outside for quite a while tonight w/the kids and the neighbor (having a few beers of course); just enjoying the summer night, tossing the lacrosse ball around w/my son and so on. I guess I shouldn't make life any more complicated than it needs to be! :)

When the kids get tired of hanging around with us maybe I'll get a little more serious about seeking out a real hobby.

After reading this post .. IMO you got it right ... stick to it and Enjoy !

Cheers

eight tracker

Petty Officer 3rd Class

As the name implies thats one of my hobbies,search, find,fix, play have around 1500 tapes so far,fishing,rec.basketball,soccer with the kids,finishing projects around the house the wife STARTS, for me,seems like a hobby?Bow hunting .......4 kids and their hobbies turn into your own..