what year is my 88 spl

Tnelson33

Cadet
i have a 88 evinrude spl model #e88tsledc serial # g03937954 can any one help me out

DamianJP

Chief Petty Officer
Re: what year is my 88 spl

Nothing came up with that model , so I shortened it to E88TSLE and got this 1994-1996 range of different ones. Mabey you copied it down wrong and double check with these options.

Mabey one of the ones ending in a "OC"?

http://www.crowleymarine.com/search_results.cfm

DamianJP

Tnelson33

Cadet

thanks yea i think the d was a o i have a fish finer on the boat that tells the system voltage and it was saying 15 volts is that to high or is something wrong

DamianJP

Chief Petty Officer

15V when motor is off or running?

If running is it Idle/In gear slow or running faster?

BTW its a 1995.

DamianJP

Tnelson33

Cadet

running high rpm also if i flip my live well or something like that on it seems to go up like it is telling it to over charge for some reason

DamianJP

Chief Petty Officer

Well it should be 13.5 or higher when running so I think thats okay.

I dont know about it going higher when you flip something on, it should show a voltage drop then even out.
When you flip it on while your running is it a momentary spike that goes higher then goes back to what it was or does it go up and stay there?

DamianJP

Tnelson33

Cadet

kind of spike then return to about 15 but i alson do a lot of night fishing and i use a spot light and it seems to kill the battery very fast normaly it has always seemed as if it was week or slow on charging it was just today that it srted with the high voltage thing