What thrust washer?

rkmnoles

Seaman
I have re-hubbed a Yamaha V-6 prop with an OMC hub. What thrust washer will work ? I've tried a OMC and Yamaha. I have been told a Merc. Flo-torque thrust washer will work. Thanks in advance

walleyehed

Admiral
Re: What thrust washer?

I've tried this as well. Tried many different thrust washers on a yammy prop for my V6 Rude-but I've never had to re-hub one for OMC to make it "fit". I've tried countless thrust washers and I never have found the right combo. In theory, the yammy washer should be close.

walleyehed

Admiral

Just thought of something....I've got many flo-torq washers and I just happen to have a yamaha prop setting here. Let me do some playing and see what I can come up with...

rkmnoles

Seaman

Walleyehed, The reason I re-hubbed the prop is going from v-4 to v-6 it was splined different. When I use the OMC thrust washer I get to much to much exhaust ventilation due to the prop not seating into the gear case and the Yamaha is about the same. There is about a 1/4 inch gap between the prop and gear case. The result is 6300 rpm @ WOT. I think going from a 19 aluminum to a 17 stainless should be ok and turn about the same rpm and I turn about 5400 with aluminum. Thanks for any help.